PDA

View Full Version : Q about assigns and routes

Leadfoot
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
so many possibilties i'm getting confused.. say i'm doing a simple four monitor mix from foh, would you assign anything going to mix 1, to monitor console main out 1, then anything going to mix 2, to monitor console main out 2? cause i noticed i could just use main out 1 on every monitor console and just assign the out to a different sound card output, but that's confusing to me to look at monitor console 2 but still be using main out channel 1.. am i making any sense? how would anyone else do it?

this is so cool, just picked up a 22" wide screen, i can fit 42 channels of f-mixer on the screen plus the full view of wide mixer. still trying to figure out how to keep verbs and delays set up so i can access them continuously throughout a show, at least the levels and mutes. would be great if somehow the fx could be saved with certain fkey views, but not with others. i know that's a tough one. i'm hoping that the mute groups bob is going to implement will be right on the main window of sac somewhere at the top there maybe, so just one click from any view will
activate them no matter where you're at.

just thinking out loud here, so any thoughts are welcome.

thanks,
tony

Bob L
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
The idea is to use each console as a separate mixer and use the master out 1 as the main signal output for each console... yes you assign each Master out to a different soundcard device out... now you have complete independent mixers to feed each monitor performer mix.

When you look at each monitor mixer, it becomes the same as looking at FOH in that your main mix output should be the first Master Out... this keeps everything simple and consistent.

If you need multiple master out feeds for delay stacks or double monitor outputs for front wedges and rear wedges... you just double assign each input to out 1 and 2 and then use master out 2 also to feed the extra wedges... etc...

Its a dream... and extreme routing power like never before... just imagine that you have brought the FOH and 4 separate monitor consoles to the gig with you and they would be set up in that same manner... you would use the main master out of each mixer.... only now... its all in the box... and there is no 5 way mic splitter (which may or may not even exist) to carry around.... now expand that concept to FOH and 24 separate monitor consoles... having fun yet? :)

Bob L

Leadfoot
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
gotcha, and yes i'm having more fun than should be allowed for a sound guy :)
every time i click on that little src split link i get all smiley, cause i know how much that costs in the real world. can't help but say it again, you da man!
don't mean to be all giddy, but man this stuff is so cool.

tony