PDA

View Full Version : ? bad english follows

Iain Westland
04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
is it possible to save input output assignments specific to an edl? i sometimes edit via the screen, sometimes i throw stems through the console.

im on saw lite, but i have 1x9656 card and 2x9636 cards all channels connected to one thing or annother. so i would like to have the various set ups as say we do the F-keys.

i dont know how hard this would be at some point way off in the future, but as i set these up as i see fit i belive you could work this out somehow.

if im not making my self as clear as mud tell me and i will ring, i am very bad at writting,

Iain

Dave Labrecque
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
is it possible to save input output assignments specific to an edl? i sometimes edit via the screen, sometimes i throw stems through the console.

im on saw lite, but i have 1x9656 card and 2x9636 cards all channels connected to one thing or annother. so i would like to have the various set ups as say we do the F-keys.

i dont know how hard this would be at some point way off in the future, but as i set these up as i see fit i belive you could work this out somehow.

if im not making my self as clear as mud tell me and i will ring, i am very bad at writting,

Iain

Iain,

Do you mean assignments in the mixer? Or assignments in the audio device setup dialog?

Yes if the former, no if the latter.

Mixer assignments save with the EDL. Hardware assignments in the audio device setup dialog save with preferences (File/Preferences File...), and you can save as many preference files as you like, so maybe this would work for your purposes?

DominicPerry
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Iain,

I think what you are after is the 'Record Template' option in the File menu.

Dominic

Iain Westland
04-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Audio device set up bit.

Dave Labrecque
04-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Iain,

I think what you are after is the 'Record Template' option in the File menu.

Dominic

Or that. Good point, Dominic.

Recording input assignments can be saved to various Record Templates. MT input/output assignments save with the EDL or mix template files. Hardware input/output assignments are handled by preferences files.

UpTilDawn
04-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Iain,

Do you mean assignments in the mixer? Or assignments in the audio device setup dialog?

Yes if the former, no if the latter.

Mixer assignments save with the EDL. Hardware assignments in the audio device setup dialog save with preferences (File/Preferences File...), and you can save as many preference files as you like, so maybe this would work for your purposes?

Keep in mind that opening a preference file closes your current session...
So, open your preference file of choice to get those hardware assignemnts that you need for the session... Then open the mix and/or record template after opening the session of choice.

DanT

Iain Westland
04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Dan!! nail on head mate!!! preference file and i can save the audio device setuo as i want.

over here is one happy bunny!!

Thanks Sir!!!

Dave Labrecque
04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Dan!! nail on head mate!!! preference file and i can save the audio device setuo as i want.

over here is one happy bunny!!

Thanks Sir!!!

Of course! Preference file! Nice, Dan! :)

UpTilDawn
04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Gosh! I thought I was just refining what others had already said.:o
But I'll be happy to take credit.:D
Anytime I can help out.

Dave Labrecque
04-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Gosh! I thought I was just refining what others had already said.:o
But I'll be happy to take credit.:D
Anytime I can help out.
:p :)

DominicPerry
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Iain, if it turns out that it's the preferences file you want, you can launch SAW from a shortcut and add the name of the preference file to the shortcut link - it will start SAW with the hardware setup you want. So you can have multiple shortcuts and a different hardware configuration initiated by each one. Pages 16-17 of the manual.

Dominic

Cary B. Cornett
04-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I personally keep two preference files ready, one for "remote" and one for "studio", because the converter I monitor through (and sometimes record with) in the studio does not go along with the road rig. I have to remember to switch preference files between the two situations before opening a session, but it's less of a problem than having to change the EDL around when I bring a field recording home.

Iain Westland
04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
just been reading that, it does what i want i think. its a tracking set up, then a comping set up, then mixing, just various ways of working with this thing. every day something new:D