PDA

View Full Version : Use of Scenes

bassthumper
04-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Bob,

I have been toying with the use of the scenes feature but am having a bit of trouble with one thing I need it to do. In a church atmosphere the use of reverb is great for singing but needs to be cut during the preaching or speaking (at least it's this way in our church). I can make the Scene change from all mics on and off, bring up a single mic by itself, and even have created scenes for the monitor mixes that bring up and shut down a specific monitor mix even when looking at the FOH mixer. What I need to do is be able to arm and disarm the reverberator. Can this be done by creating a scene or is there something else I will need to do? So far the Scenes are doing almost all of my changes without having to actually adjust any faders. This will be a grand feature since we have a couple of guys that can be trained to use the scenes and then use the faders for minor adjustments as needed. Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

Iain Westland
04-25-2008, 05:49 PM
your reverb on an aux or out put, set to 100% wet? if so just mute the return or out, if not whats your set up?

Iain

bassthumper
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks Iain that worked. I was originally just placing the reverb on the prefade because I am accustomed to just adjusting on the plugin but on the return is more like a console so that should work. Thanks.

Bob L
04-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Use an aux send and return for reverb... patch the verb in the return ans set to 100% wet... now each mic can be set to use the same verb with different amounts by adjusting the aux send fader.

When its time to dry up the mix, just mute the aux return chan. This can be easily set in a partial scene... so select the return chan first (blacken the chan number) and then mute the return chan and create the scene as dry... then do the same to create a new scene as wet.

In this manner, when you use the scenes they will affect no other settings along the way as the show progresses.

Or... whenever you want just press the R zone and then mute the return chan and same thing to unmute... no scenes.

Don't forget the tab key can jump you straight down to the return chan also...

You can also move the return chan anywhere on the console and have it visible up close to the rest of the input channels.

If you assign the same return chan on the monitor consoles to the Pst Fdr tap, then when you mute the FOH verb return, it also drys up all the monitor mixes at the same time.

Bob L

bassthumper
04-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Use an aux send and return for reverb... patch the verb in the return ans set to 100% wet... now each mic can be set to use the same verb with different amounts by adjusting the aux send fader.

When its time to dry up the mix, just mute the aux return chan. This can be easily set in a partial scene... so select the return chan first (blacken the chan number) and then mute the return chan and create the scene as dry... then do the same to create a new scene as wet.

In this manner, when you use the scenes they will affect no other settings along the way as the show progresses.

Or... whenever you want just press the R zone and then mute the return chan and same thing to unmute... no scenes.

Don't forget the tab key can jump you straight down to the return chan also...

You can also move the return chan anywhere on the console and have it visible up close to the rest of the input channels.

If you assign the same return chan on the monitor consoles to the Pst Fdr tap, then when you mute the FOH verb return, it also drys up all the monitor mixes at the same time.

Bob L

Thanks Bob. I was thinking about the monitors and how to mute the effect in those mixes at the same time and was unsure but this makes sense. I have already moved all of my output and suboutput channels down onto the working area of the ins. Now all I need to do is move the Return. One question though is when I moved the outputs I had to go to the 6 monitor mixes and change each one of them individually. Is there a way to move the return channel on the FOH as well as on each monitor mix at the same time or will i need to change each one separately?

Bob L
04-26-2008, 08:18 AM
You will need to do each mixer by itself... although if you read the helpfile you will see that you can select multiple channels at the same time and move them all with one click.

Also... I would highly recommend you explore the navigation and jump menus before rearranging all the mixers.... the I, R and O zones and the tab key and the right-click popup jump menu make it extremely fast and easy to get to any of these console areas without having to rearrange everything, keeping things in much better organization, in my opinion.

Bob L