PDA

View Full Version : More than two channels with Motu 896HD?

Michael
05-30-2004, 11:56 PM
I am evaluating SAWStudioBasicDemo with a Motu 896HD, and haven't been able to get more than two channels to show up. The Motu "FireWire CueMix" utility shows input on the various channels, so I believe the unit is working. However, the only input devices available in SAWStudio are "MOTU Mix1", "MOTU Analog", and "MOTU AES-EBU". Each of these is a single stereo device.

I installed all the MOTU drivers that were available on their website (they had a couple other drivers besides the default WDM one).

Does this mean these two products won't talk to each other, or am I just missing something?

Thanks,

mjm

ghowardjr
05-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Go into the Options Audio Device Setup menu. Pick all the options for the ins and then click on the Out/In button and select all the out options you wish to have available in SS.

Also, you might want to select ASIO driver mode for better performance over the MME drivers.

Hope this helps,
Gary

AudioAstronomer
05-31-2004, 09:00 AM
The motu 896 and 896HD only work with ASIO. I am using this device with fantastic results

Michael
05-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Wonderful! I had missed the Options/AudioDriverModel setting for ASIO. It appears that all the channels are available now.

Thank you,

mjm

Oz Nimbus
05-31-2004, 12:47 PM
The motu 896 and 896HD only work with ASIO. I am using this device with fantastic results

What kind of latency are you getting? What's the lowest buffer sample you can set?

Thanks,
-0z-

AudioAstronomer
05-31-2004, 01:08 PM
In sawstudio lite, on a p4 2.8, I am easily operating at 2-92 sample buffers for full projects. When I finished editing my last project (last night) there was about 150 softedge crossfades and about 50 plain fades along with some control track stuff and I edited all layers accordingly for live auditioning when I get to mixing i. I had to bump buffers up to 3x128. The Project is globally at 48khz and has 5 96khz regions as well.

Very, very impressive on sawstudio's part. Ive only seen one other software handle things like that at such low buffers, and it cant even compare in any other area than that!