PDA

View Full Version : Navigation request

AudioAstronomer
05-05-2008, 08:36 AM
The left side of the MT-view in SAW is an awesome navigation tool, both in moving around channel strips and navigating the console.

I'm aware you can use a single F-mixer channel to somewhat duplicate this function, but I am wondering if it'd be possible to add the i/a-eq-dyn-fx-asn-fdr to the top bar.

I think it would help to have a central navigation utility (like the mt-view in saw) to greatly increase the speed of navigation for large setups.

I'll keep trying to get used to the navigation, but it really feels like SAW has a major advantage in an area where SAC should be most proficient.

Bob L
05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
That functionality is there in the F-Mixer... keep a small F-Mixer always visible and you always have that navigation... that was my intent... and if you follow that, it works perfectly.

I am holding back on using up the top client area for other options and functions yet to come... I really do feel the navigation is handled from so many directions now, between the different mixer views and keystrokes, my focus lies elsewhere at the moment.

That is not to say that there won't be other additions and changes along the way... but I really feel I need to see the whole program concept complete before duplicating the same functions over and over at this stage.

Bob L

Naturally Digital
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
That functionality is there in the F-Mixer... keep a small F-Mixer always visible and you always have that navigation... that was my intent... and if you follow that, it works perfectly.

I am holding back on using up the top client area for other options and functions yet to come... I really do feel the navigation is handled from so many directions now, between the different mixer views and keystrokes, my focus lies elsewhere at the moment.

That is not to say that there won't be other additions and changes along the way... but I really feel I need to see the whole program concept complete before duplicating the same functions over and over at this stage.

Bob LBob, FWIW I felt the same as Robert here (looking for a "central" navigation control) but I understand what you are getting at above. It makes perfect sense.

I will mention, it seems one thing lacking from the F-Mixer navigation method is a way to return to the Fader area... I.e. we can click on the EQ, Dyn, Assn etc zones to jump around, however I couldn't find anywhere to jump to the fader/bottom of the channel strip. Am I missing something?

AudioAstronomer
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I will mention, it seems one thing lacking from the F-Mixer navigation method is a way to return to the Fader area... I.e. we can click on the EQ, Dyn, Assn etc zones to jump around, however I couldn't find anywhere to jump to the fader/bottom of the channel strip. Am I missing something?

Yes you are..

Just click in the area above the fader and below the mute button.

If you click the 'small square' to the right of the fader and above the meter, you can pop up an e/z mixer instantly.

Naturally Digital
05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes you are..

Just click in the area above the fader and below the mute button.Thanks Robert! I missed that in the manual I guess. It's a pretty small area and easy to miss if you are looking for it randomly.

If you click the 'small square' to the right of the fader and above the meter, you can pop up an e/z mixer instantly.Yeah, I know. Not looking for that. I was looking for the jump zones like in SAW (I generally use the MT controls on the left side).

Thanks again, I don't think I would have found that little (fader) zone on my own.

Bob L
05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I have expanded that small area to include the entire top of the FMixer fader from the top of the meter to the mute switch... very easy to hit now.

Ctrl-PgDn also jumps the ZMixer to the faders.

Bob L