PDA

View Full Version : Slipped buffer compensation not applying to meters?

AudioAstronomer
05-14-2008, 10:33 AM
The slipped/dropped buffer monitoring is working great for the audio, but when slipped buffers occur, the previously incurred delay still applies to the meters even though the audio is in sync.

So as I have it running now, it's been running for 4 hours, the audio is perfect. The meters are delayed by ~40ms (stopwatch checked). I am at 16/44.1 2x64 and it says I have 25 slipped buffers, which is ~50ms or so.

DominicPerry
05-14-2008, 10:58 AM
This isn't a buffer slippage issue - I've had SAC 0.2a running all day (10 hours) on 1x64, ASIO on EchoAudioFire, 24 channels with gate, comp and EQ and one aux send and zero buffers slipped, (0 in/0 out). And no delay in the audio, no slippage at all, but the meters were behind, about half to one second. It was all the meters, in, ret and out.

Awesome audio performance though, absolutely spectacular.

Dominic

AudioAstronomer
05-14-2008, 11:02 AM
This isn't a buffer slippage issue - I've had SAC 0.2a running all day (10 hours) on 1x64, ASIO on EchoAudioFire, 24 channels with gate, comp and EQ and one aux send and zero buffers slipped, (0 in/0 out). And no delay in the audio, no slippage at all, but the meters were behind, about half to one second. It was all the meters, in, ret and out.

Awesome audio performance though, absolutely spectacular.

Dominic

My meters get worse with more buffer slippages it seems.

Bob L
05-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Ok... I will have to check into it... I have not noticed the meter problem... I did do a small fix for that in an earlier version I believe.

Bob L