PDA

View Full Version : BCR control

Larry Burger
05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
How hard is it to program a midi template.
Could we use the BCR (rotary) with 32 rotary knobs to control volumes on 32 channels from one controller?

Bob L
05-18-2008, 01:43 PM
You have to acrtually compile the main code to link into all the function routines from the template... it is not something for the users to do.

I explored the BCR, but I feel it is fairly useless... the BCF is a better match with its true motorized faders.

Bob L

Iain Westland
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
would it be possible to have a bcr control the channel strip on the hot Channel?

and if so could it still work with a bcf?

also, is the channel attenuator midi controllable?

iain

just thinking out loud here

Bob L
09-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry Ian... I already explored the use of the BCR and decided against it.

Bob L

Iain Westland
09-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Oh well, I was hoping to use the one gathering dust here to control the EQ, Dynamics etc on SAC. spose its off to evil bay, but its a shame

iain

Bob L
09-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Trust me... you can control the EQ and dynamics much better from the screen... learn the interface and your concerns should be gone.

Use the Wide Mixer view and you can see and control everything on one screen... learn to jump to the proper chan and its a breeze to get to any control instantly... and... much better to see the display and readouts and values than to tweak some physical knob with no readout and display... plus... you have access to all parameter values with the popup menus or a mouse click, as compared to turning a knob that skips dozens of settings between each notch.

Bob L