PDA

View Full Version : Scenes Q

mako
05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with scenes?

I set them up - yes, the files are in the folder - but nothing changes when I move through the presets.

Thanks

mako

Bob L
05-30-2008, 02:50 PM
At this time you have to double-click a scene in the list to actually activate it.... also... note that remote TCP/IP control of the scenes is not active yet.

I will be adding other keystroke options as well as GO switches and so forth...

There will also be ways to see a ghosting of the scene changes on the mixer views before actually activating the scene...

Lots more to come. :)

Bob L

mako
05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Ahhhhh :rolleyes: - How simple. Obviously I wasn't frustrated enough.:eek:

Thanks Bob

Bob L
05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
The help file has a lot of interesting things in it... that being one of them. :)

Bob L

mako
05-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I've been there a few times to check it but never noticed "double click".

Ah well

Thanks

mako

Bob L
05-31-2008, 03:51 AM
From the helpfile:

Creating Scenes
To create a new Scene, make any adjustments to the mixers controls and signal routing you desire, then [Left-Click] the New button on the Scenes View Top Client Area.

Updating Scenes
To update an existing Scene, make whatever changes to the mixer settings you desire, then select the Scene you wish to update in the listbox and [Left-Click] the Updt button. The selected Scene is overwritten with the current state of all 25 mixers.

Deleting Scenes
To delete a Scene, select the Scene you wish to delete in the listbox and [Left-Click] the Del button. The selected Scene is removed from the Scenes listbox. The actual file is not deleted from the \Scenes folder in case other spinoff Mix Sessions are also using this Scene.

Clearing All Scenes
To clear all Scenes from the listbox, [Left-Click] the Clr button. All Scenes are removed from the Scenes listbox. The actual files are not deleted from the \Scenes folder in case other spinoff Mix Sessions are also using any of these Scenes.

Recalling Scenes
[Double-Click] any Scene in the listbox to instantly recall the scene and alter the settings of all 25 mixers.

Bob L

William Bushnell
06-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I was in the process of setting up a new mix session and for some reason I am unable to get scenes to work. I loaded an existing session with scenes and they do not work in that session either.

Not sure my brain is even working as this should be an easy process. It has worked before. Even tried it on another computer with the same results.

Using ver 1.8 this is the process I used as a test in an active session.

1. Mute chan 1, 2, 3, 4
2. In the scenes view, left click on New
3. Enter the scene name (Mute chan 1, 2, 3, 4)
4. Click Ok
5. In scenes properties the Mute light is on
6. Click Ok
7. Unmute chan 1, 2, 3, 4
8. Double left click on new scene to mute chan 1, 2, 3, 4
9. Expect to see chan 1, 2, 3, 4 mute switches in but nothing happens
10. Check the scenes folder and the new scene is there

So what am I missing? At least no one was watching. ( I hate it when easy things make you look stupid.)

905shmick
06-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Are these input or output channels?

William Bushnell
06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Input channels.

Bob L
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
You must also pick a mixer to have the scene recall on... did you check FOH mixer?

Sounds like you missed that step... and its a very powerful feature to allow scenes to only change FOH items or individual monitor mixer items... or everything.

Bob L

William Bushnell
06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Well, again, at least no on was watching. Thank you Bob that was it. You wonder how you can miss something so obvious, right in front of you. DUH!

Thanks again.

Bob L
06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
It's easy to miss these things... there are a lot of details to pay attention too... :)

Bob L