PDA

View Full Version : PreSonus Firestudio 3.0 Beta

Voiceovers
06-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Is anyone having driver problems with the PreSonus FireStudio 3.0 Beta release? I installed the firmware upgrade, and 3.0 software and now the audio fails to play the first time I try to play a track and I have to move the cursor and hit the space bar or play - etc to get it to playback.

PC is a Sweetwater duo proc. running XP

Ian Alexander
06-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Is anyone having driver problems with the PreSonus FireStudio 3.0 Beta release? I installed the firmware upgrade, and 3.0 software and now the audio fails to play the first time I try to play a track and I have to move the cursor and hit the space bar or play - etc to get it to playback.

PC is a Sweetwater duo proc. running XP
Sometimes it takes a few tries of installing a new driver or software for it to "take." Also, there are several members here who are not using the latest version of soundcard drivers, etc., because the older versions work better or the new versions lack features they need. MME support is one reason, but there are others. It may be that the new version fixes a problem you weren't having. Can you roll back via XP or search for the previous driver download on your drive or the original vendor disc? If you depend on this system, maybe Beta should be a bit of a warning.:)