PDA

View Full Version : BCF Trouble

Larry Burger
06-23-2008, 04:33 PM
A new BCF fader controller communicates with the computer and will mute, solo, pan SAC but my faders are not working.
This is the only unit I have and I have no other software to test it on.
Is anyone experiencing this problem with SAC?

Bob L
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Did you download the sysx file to the BCF to create the preset of all the controller values to match the actual midi Template file in SAC?

You can use any sysex dump utility program... I use MidiOx... the syx file is found in the SAC/Configuration folder.

This file creates the preset in the BCF hardware itself.

Bob L

Larry Burger
06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Thats the answer.
Could not get it to sysex dump, but manually programmed it and it's a go.

Carl G.
06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Did you download the sysx file to the BCF to create the preset of all the controller values to match the actual midi Template file in SAC?

You can use any sysex dump utility program... I use MidiOx... the syx file is found in the SAC/Configuration folder.

This file creates the preset in the BCF hardware itself.

Bob L

How do you hook two BCF2000's side by side to work in Saw (or SAC)?
(I assume no problem..just assign one to look at channels 1-8 and the other to look at channels 9-16, right?)

Just thinking of alternatives to hardware hard this month.

Bob L
06-26-2008, 08:13 PM
No... you need separate sysex files for each Behringer that are preset for a different midi channel... then I have to create a separte template that handles the first 8 channels on one midi channel and the next 8 channels on the next midi channel... and so forth.

I have the sysex files created for up to 4 BCF boxes for SAC... but I still have to create the 16, 24 and 32 channel templates.

I also still have to create the BCF templates for SAWStudio... they are all different.

Bob L