PDA

View Full Version : mt loop playback request

bit
10-25-2004, 03:01 PM
One little thing that I often forget is that if I use loop playback in the MT, the session won´t loop if the end mark is after the last entry in the song. Would be great if playback continued all the way to the loop point. Sometimes I loop sessions if I need a break and some fresh air while the musician needs to practice***8230; It´s always a little embarassing to come back to a quiet studio then.
Thank you, Bob, for all the great new stuff in 3.9 by the way. Love to finaly hot plug safely without fear of crashing Saw. :)

Bjorn I Tysse

Shawn
10-25-2004, 04:46 PM
You could insert a blank region a couple of seconds after the end of the last active region, or make sure that your marked area ends before the end of the last active region.

After setting up a play loop you could also set the cursor near the end of the marked area and hit the play loop button to make sure that the loop will jump back to the beginning and start over again before leaving.

:)

bit
10-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Shawn. In fact I know what I should have done to get it right, but I always forget. Perhaps I won't after this ;)
My point was just that the logic in the the spesific action would call for playback to run past the last entry to the loop point. It's no big deal, but if it's just a minor change in the code for Bob, it's a most welcome one. We have to think of the new users too you know. Less pain more gain. :rolleyes:

Dave Labrecque
10-26-2004, 04:04 PM
I agree that it "should" be a no-brainer function of the program. But my guess is that it won't be a simple fix, since the program won't play past the last datum as it's currently coded. I think this has come up in the past.