PDA

View Full Version : Control Track idea #1: "Now recording"

AudioAstronomer
05-31-2004, 01:22 PM
Has anyone thought about or attempted setting up something so playback sends a midi-note to a light that switches on with a "now recording" sign?

Just a novel idea, I saw this idea on the samplitude forum, they put together plans and everything, but samplitude just couldnt support it. Seems like sawstudio would be able too...

Just found out many of the "ticker tape" style LED displays available for cheap accept midi ascii string, which means you could display many number of things including song title, band etc... when playback begins at a certain position. Heck even go as far as to have it display "verse" "chorus etc.. Although I still do wonder if anyone has achaived anything similiar?

matt
05-31-2004, 01:55 PM
I don't have the facilities anymore to try this one at the moment, but it also sounds like a worthwile project.

RobertV
05-31-2004, 08:39 PM
I very much like the idea of being able to send messages linked to the control track, expanding that thought, you could imagine having something that would facilitate messages appearing at a predetermined time in the song , which could be either nudges, observations or lyrics (if you’re that way inclined a kind of karaoke approach)
This would lead me to ask, would there be a way to send these to another display for the talent to view!
I know there are already some plug-ins that are meant to be used for notes but they tend to be very clumsy, and break the flow of things.
just my 2c

Bob L
06-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Frank Farrell came up with the idea for a teleprompter plugin a while back and it is on my ToDo list... very cool idea. :cool:

Especially if it could then be sent to the overlay hardware video out... we'll see what happens.

Bob L

Rail Jon Rogut
06-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Check out PunchLight (http://www.punchlight.com/)

Rail

Dingo
06-02-2004, 10:08 AM
I just saw on chappelle's show last night something that might be good. The "wrap it up" light. When someone is going on too long you hit a button on the light and it light the sign that says "wrap it up" and plays music. Might be good for out of tune singers etc.
I would also like to see a "more cowbell" plugin.