PDA

View Full Version : OT-CDA preview problems

bcorkery
07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Is anybody else having trouble playing audio from CD Architect?

I'm getting a cursor that moves a split second forward and then loops back to the beginning. It loops until I stop but no sound at all. I pushed the buffers to the top limit and this has no affect.

Searched the knowledge base at Sony and found nothing and I've never been fond of their support. (I'm not going to get into that here!)

TIA for any suggestions.

studio-c
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I can't remember right now, does CD Architect have those yellow triangles at the top of the timeline, like ACID and Vegas do, that does a loop playback from the first to the second (sort of like the B-E selection in SAWStudio)?
I play stuff in CD Architect all the time, and have never seen that. I was thinking maybe you were in some kind of loop mode.

Make sure you have the latest (5.2 version D). Is this the Vista machine? or did you switch that one back to XP?

Cheers,
Scott

bcorkery
07-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Scott,
I'm using 5.2d. Re-downloaded and re-installed it. I even un-installed the existing version (same build) because of an earlier issue with Sound Forge plugs in SAW. I also tried putting it in loop mode and taking it out again. I marked an area and tried to play that too. Nothing seems to help and I still haven't heard from Sony yet.

TotalSonic
07-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I kind of abandoned CDA after having the initial 5.2 updater destroy not only my activation code but also the activations for all my Sony DX plugins! After trying to wrestle with Sony's tech support and not really getting anywhere I just gave up on it and have just been using SAW and the JMS Audioware CSG, along with Nero and EAC, in order to do my CD mastering. Can't say I've missed CDA all that much in that I find SAW + CSG ultimately gives smoother work flow and gets better sounding results, and for quick drag and drop types of jobs which this combo doesn't do as well on then Nero fills the gap.

Anyway - best of luck on fixing this!

Best regards,
Steve Berson