PDA

View Full Version : Modifying slope of single automation entries

UpTilDawn
07-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Say Bob.

Lately, I've gotten quite used to using the ability to modify slope values of automation entries and really love using single entries (especially fader entries) instead of many this way.
However, I find myself constantly wishing that a single entry could be changed without first marking an area around it by simply Ctrl/Tabbing to it (or Shift/Ctrl/Tab) and then hitting the slash key to bring up the value box.

Any reason why this couldn't be changed? Any chance that you would consider adding it to your list?

Having a blast with Saw as always,
DanT

Bob L
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh... I guess that could be altered... let me look into the idea and make sure that it will not step on anything else by doing so.

Bob L

DBenkert
07-25-2008, 01:29 PM
oooh, I likey that idea as I have been doing the same thing lately (slopes for fades.)

It would be cool to use the / key for a single entry if there is no selected area, but if there is, it would work as now (adjust all entries within the selected area.)

Nice idea Dan!

TotalSonic
07-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I definitely could use this type of functionality as well!!!!

Another thing I think would be great is if you could delete single automation points by just ctrl-tabbing to them and then using a single key command (i.e. maybe "backspace") - instead of having to mark the area around them first and then hitting delete. This would save me a lot of time in fact.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

UpTilDawn
07-25-2008, 06:39 PM
THANKS BOB!
Nice idea Steve... why not Ctrl/Tab/Delete?
I don't run into it often, but any time I can avoid having to mark an area first helps me keep the thought flow going.... the thoughts keep flowing regardless, but not in the right direction, ya know.:rolleyes:

DanT

Of course, we'd need these to work across selected channels too.... obviously. We are SO spoiled!

TotalSonic
07-25-2008, 07:01 PM
THANKS BOB!
Nice idea Steve... why not Ctrl/Tab/Delete?

Because currently the delete key would delete the underlying region unless an area is marked. Seems using a different key not assigned to this function would avoid having folks who didn't request this change not having to deal with SAW's behavior suddenly changing on them.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

UpTilDawn
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Because currently the delete key would delete the underlying region unless an area is marked. Seems using a different key not assigned to this function would avoid having folks who didn't request this change not having to deal with SAW's behavior suddenly changing on them.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Oooppss! You're so right...... wouldn't want that to get screwed up.:eek:

DanT

Dave Labrecque
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Might I suggest something like alt-DEL?

Nice ideas, Dan and Steve. :cool:

Hmmm... backspace would be simpler. Unless there are regions entries that happen to be selected. D'oh!