PDA

View Full Version : BCF2000 faders not hooking up

mako
07-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Hello - I received my BCF2000 today. Hooked it up - sent the sys ex to it.
All seemed fine with the dump.
I have Solos, Mutes and Pans working but not faders.
Resent the sys ex - still no faders.

I remember there was another thread re this but I can't find it.

Thanks Bob or anyone else.

mako

mako
07-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Ah - got it. I needed to reset the SMPT/Midi - Midi control Out Active.

Thanks

mako

Bob L
07-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Good deal... glad you got it working.

Bob L

mako
08-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey Bob - thanks for doing the coding for this unit - it's really working well.

For playing and mixing at the same time - it's indispensible.

Thanks

mako

Corey
09-02-2008, 02:46 AM
sent the sys ex to it.Hello. Can anyone elaborate for me this process so I can get my BCF2000 working with the SAWlite demo? Thanks.

Bob L
09-02-2008, 04:43 AM
The BCF template is not in the current SAWStudio environment. You can use the general midi template and program the BCF to match that... but I will have the template done with the next SAWStudio update , just after the SAC official release in a few days.

Bob L

sebastiandybing
09-02-2008, 09:53 AM
How many units can be hook up to SAC, I remember something about
4 units. Is that correct.

Sebastian

Bob L
09-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Up to 4... once the multiple unit templates are done... but the current template is just for one unit.

Bob L

Carl G.
09-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Up to 4... once the multiple unit templates are done... but the current template is just for one unit.

Bob L

1. Will the same apply to SawStudio?
2. Can the units mechanical tracking be easily turned off (while leaving SS console automation in effect)? (In case multiple fader noise on mics during live booth recording is a problem)

Bob L
09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I will create the templates for SAWStudio as well.

You can always turn off the faders in the Midi/Smpte menu for the midi out filter.

Bob L

Carl G.
09-04-2008, 06:20 AM
I will create the templates for SAWStudio as well.

You can always turn off the faders in the Midi/Smpte menu for the midi out filter.

Bob L
Thanks, Bob.

Mark Edwards
11-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I just got my BCF2000 last week and I am having the same problem. I have sent the Sawstudio BCF template via sysex to the unit. I have solo, mute and pan but no faders. SawStudio Midi I/O control is active with no filters applied. I am reasonably sure the unit is programmed correctly because IRO and track bank select switches are working properly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks:)

EDIT 'just realized I posted a SawStudio question on the SAC forum. Oops :)

Mountain Media
11-04-2008, 03:19 AM
I just got my BCF2000 last week and I am having the same problem. I have sent the Sawstudio BCF template via sysex to the unit. I have solo, mute and pan but no faders. SawStudio Midi I/O control is active with no filters applied. I am reasonably sure the unit is programmed correctly because IRO and track bank select switches are working properly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks:)

EDIT 'just realized I posted a SawStudio question on the SAC forum. Oops :)

Mark, just quick checks -
1) Under SMPTE/MIDI toolbar dropdown make sure MIDI-Control In Active and MIDI-Control Out Active are checked (check mark beside them).
2) Again under SMPTE/MIDI make sure the MIDI-Control In and Out Filters are set as you want them.
3) Under Mixer toolbar dropdown, under Navigation Links, make sure Mixer Views to Hardware Controller is checked - this is probably the one you are missing.

If all of these are correct, and you still have problems, and your SysEx actually loaded correctly, and you are running BCF of the PreSet you loaded SysEx into, then someone else will have to help.

Mark Edwards
11-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi John.

Thanks for the checklist. I had everything set up correctly except the nav link. 'thought for sure that would do the trick but still no faders.:( I am going to try resending the sysex template later when I have time. Maybe that'll do it.

Thanks again,
Mark

Bob L
11-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Most troubles seem to have been from a bad sysex dump... I recommend using Midi-Ox... the dump utility from Behringer does not work correctly... at least mine does not... not sure if they fixed that in a recent update.

Also... make sure you note which preset you are dumping to and select that preset on the Behringer after the dump.

Bob L

Larry Burger
11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Is it true the controller should be set to preset (#1) for 1 -8 #2 for 9-16.
And does channel 1 2 or 3 matter?

I have three systems working with 1 2 and 3 remotes, and had some of the same configuration challenges.

Bob L
11-04-2008, 12:53 PM
You can pick whichever preset you want in the BCF unit, provided that you download the sysex info for the correct channels to that preset.

Then you may want to label everything.

Now... you should first get one unit working correctly by itself before trying to attach a second or third unit... when using more than one BCF you have to follow the hookup mode diagrams in their manual to properly pass the midi data from the first to the second and third and back agaibn into the usb port.

Bob L

Mark Edwards
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Bob, I originally used MidiOx for the sysex transfer but now I have doubts if the dump was actually sucessful. I downloaded another program, "Bome's SendSX", and it appears to have sent the template. Now I have faders but no matter where I am on the Saw mixer the BCF only moves it's fader 1. OTOH, the Saw faders respond properly when sent fader movements from the BCF. I'm getting closer. I have to missing something...maybe a midi receive mode on the BCF?

mako
11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey Mark - the Saw template hasn't been completed yet AFAIK.
You won't get it happening until then.

cheers

mako

Mark Edwards
11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks.
I'm on SawstudioLite v 4.4. and using the Behringer MidiCtrl template that came with it. Is this not correct? Maybe I am confusing the MidiCtrl template with whatever the BCF needs to "see" Saw...

Bob L
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Mark, all 8 faders on one BCF should be working for the first 8 chans in SAW starting with the bank that the BCF is switched to...

If you want it to follow the hot track and chase all 72 faders, then make sure to turn ON the Navigation setting called Mixer Views To Hardware Controller option in the Mixer menu.

You cannot do more than 1 BCF in the current SAWStudio templates until I finish compiling the 2nd and 3rd BCF templates for SAWStudio... you can do 3 units in SAC with the tempate downloads from the SAC website.

Bob L

Mark Edwards
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks. I think I'm going to hang it up for now. I'm not even sure if this is worth all the trouble :) Just a another toy to play with.

mako
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Mark - just another thought.
I have 2 BCF2000's that I've used with SAC very successfully.
The first one I setup with little trouble after I understood the sysex download bit. Midi-Ox is not what I'd call "straight-forward".

The second one seemed to load the sysex but wouldn't work as advertised.
I discovered its BIOS wasn't up to date so I flashed the new one and it failed :( - so, more or less, dead m/c.

I sent it back to Behringer who, in due course, sent me a replacement.

This time everything went smoothly.

The second unit obviously had a sysex problem internally - perhaps that's what's happening with yours.
---------
Are the leds around the top 8 contrller knobs lighting up as the sysex downloads?
Is the LCD readout adding bars across the screen as the d/l occurs?

Good luck - for me it was well worth the aggravation. ( I don't like mixing live with a mouse).

I'm looking forward to the new multi-unit SS templates.

mako

mako
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I just remembered one more thing - almost everytime, after powerup or restart - after reloading the EDL, I found it necessary to go to Smpt/Midi and reset the "Midi Control In-Active" and the "Midi Control Out-Active".

If I didn't do this the faders wouldn't connect.

Yeah - I think this one's your problem.

cheers

mako

Bob L
11-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Dennis,

If you set your Midi In and Out Active and save your default preferences, then they will stay active when you restart the program each time.

These settings are global and have nothing to do with individual sessions.

Bob L

mako
11-05-2008, 10:31 PM
OK - thanks Bob - you're probably right.
In my anxiousness to get it all happening before the event, it's likely I missed that one.

Thanks

mako

Bob L
11-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Check the announcements forum for info about the SAWStudio extended BCF2000 templates.

Bob L

mako
11-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Ooh lovely - thanks Bob - I'll be trying these out.

What an amazing place this is - :) :) :)

cheers

mako

Mark Edwards
11-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks, Bob and Denis.
I took another shot at this.

1) I used Bome's SendSX instead of MidiOx.
2) Firmware flash seems to have worked.
3) Sawstudio Behringer template seems to have loaded okay to BCF-2000.

I have faders now, but here's what is happening. SawStudio responds appropriately to fader moves from the BCF-2000, however, no matter which fader I move in Saw, it only moves fader 1 on the BCF-2000.
Pans, mutes, solo and bank select seem to work fine though. I am beginning to wonder if the unit is bad. It arrived looking like B-stock or a factory repack.

Mark

Bob L
11-06-2008, 01:03 PM
You may want to try this... just in case the template you have for Studio is bad.

I just put the new expanded re-comiled templates for SAWStudio in the SAWStudio Misc downloads... download those and try those instead of the one you have.

Realize also that the SAC templates are specific to SAC... each program requires specific compiles of the templates for that program... so if you are using a SAC template in SAWStudio... no good.

You might also try the SAC demo, if you don't have SAC... and test the unit there... we know that template works correctly... I have compiled the SAWStudio templates blind and perhaps there is a problem with the template itself for SAWStudio... waiting for confirmation about those templates from users who can test them... I no longer have a BCF2000 unit to test.

Bob L

Mark Edwards
11-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Bob,
I tried it again with the SawStudio 1-8 template. Same results. I only have control of fader 1. I really think I need to take the BCF back and see about a replacement. I noticed it's build date is 08/07. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Thanks,
Mark

P.S. I do have SAC. (and love it!) I'll give that template a try before sending the unit back.

Mark Edwards
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
'just to followup, I tried the new SAC Behringer 8 fader template today. I had it working perfectly for about 10 seconds...then, as if possessed, it went back to responding on just the first fader. The only explanation I can think of, besides a possible defect in the controller itself, is some major error on my part. Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything to permanently store the preset after I have sent it to the Behringer? Some combination of buttons maybe? I did hit the "store" button but it didn't seem to do anything. I feel like I have given the manual a pretty good read but I can't seem to nail down anything about whether the sysex dump has to be followed by some other action.

Thanks,
Mark

Bob L
11-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Once you do the dump... then press the Store button... it should start flashing... then select the preset number with the preset buttons... then press the Store button again.

Make sure the unit is on that preset whenever you are trying to use it with SAC or SAWStudio.

You will also want to be in usb mode 1 for the single unit. The multiple units get more complex to setup and connect together.

Bob L

mako
11-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Just tested the new multi BCF templates for Sawstudio.
I only have 2 BCF's so could only test to 16 channels.

Great job again Bob (flying blind) - two here working well.

I also switched between prog 1 (SAC) and Prog 2 (SS) - either work, even a mixture of.

Thanks Bob

mako

Bob L
11-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the confirmation.

Bob L

caojungt@yahoo.com.cn
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
can i use 3 bcf 2000 control input either 1-24 chanle or 25-48 chanle.

in live show ,i will be work like real mixer,i dont want to use 1 bcf 2000 for all input control ,it need turn page for 25-32,it can not work fast when i want to turn back to 1-8.

thx post back for this ques-.

Bob L
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
You can have the set of 3 controllers chase the hot chan... yes... but this may get quite cumbersome as you jump all around and 24 faders start chasing and resetting... with 1 controller... the chase of 8 faders is still very fast.

When using the 3 controllers, you may want to leave them unlatched from the chase and just use the one bank switch built into the template.

To be honest... once you actually learn and practice working the interface... you will be able to get to any chan on any of the 25 mixers extremely fast... the interface menus and jump zones are designed to make that happen instantly. :)

Bob L