PDA

View Full Version : group on Multitrack and fullmixer

ivanoff
08-04-2008, 04:39 AM
I'm a new (lucky) Saw Lite user by upgrade the Saw Basic. But something i really don't understand (??!!) is the group (right clik on the tittle bar)
I read help files, I ask Bob who expalin me, but .....what the use of it. Does it works with some trackxs or all tracks.??:cool:
I'm perplexed;
Merci
Ivanoff

AcousticGlue
08-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Are you speaking of making the 1, 2 o3, etc. turn black by clicking directly on track number?

Bob L
08-04-2008, 06:36 AM
You can click on the track numbers in the MT to blacken the number and create a group for special editing functions across all selected tracks. You can also click at the top of the mixer channels to blacken those chan numbers in the mixer to create groups for special mixing functions across all selected mixer channels.

In Lite and Full, you can also save and recall these groups as presets... by selecting mixer channels and then right-clicking on the mixer titlebar, you can save that group as a preset. You can also right-click the MT titlebar and save selected MT tracks as a preset group.

Once saved and named, you can now instantly recall any of thiose groups by right-clicking the titlebar in either the mixer or MT and select one of the presets and those tracks or channels will be selected again.

In this way you can create a drum group, a horn group, a vocal group, etc. and make it easy to select all drum channels, for instance, to adjust the level of all the drum channels as a group with any one of the drum faders.

Bob L

UpTilDawn
08-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Many, many uses and options Ivanoff.

Take your time and get to know how it functions by experimenting a little. The rest will come to you as you find a need.

DanT

ivanoff
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Many, many uses and options Ivanoff.

Take your time and get to know how it functions by experimenting a little.

DanT

Thanks BoB and Dan
I often experiment in Saw, that's why it's made for, I think. The problem I had ( so I find) was not why make a group but how.:confused: I selected tracks, right-click in tittle bar and then.... "how to do ":eek: In FX Choice box there is the "add selected to" but i didn't find in that case. So by naming the group , it makes the group, which i can recall when i click on the name.
that 's what i didn't understand, so now, it's ok. :p In Saw Basic I take output tracks as sub folders for Drum, vocan, rythmique and so... I think it's the same thing with the group function.;)
I soon test layers and all the + in Saw Lite with a new song. Some nice nights !!!
Encore merci, messieurs:)
Ivanoff

Bob L
08-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Setting the group preset is done by [Shift-Clicking] the group you want to set in the popup menu after you have pre-selected the channels or tracks.

There are many options using the group presets... from the helpfile:

Using Track Group Menu Options

[Right-Clicking] on the MultiTrack title bar displays the popup Group menu. This menu allows you to save and recall preset track groups. There are 32 group preset assignments and a few special groups for MultiTrack section selections (ie inputs, returns, and outputs). The preset groups are shared between the MultiTrack and the mixer windows.

[Left-Clicking] on one of the 32 group preset options clears any existing number-selected tracks and number-selects that group of tracks.

[Alt-Left-Clicking] on one of the 32 group preset options clears any existing label-selected tracks and label-selects that group of tracks.

[Left-Clicking] on the Select All option number-selects all input, return, and output mixer channels. [Left-Clicking] on the Select All Inputs, Select All Returns, or Select All Outputs option number-selects the corresponding mixer channels.

[Alt-Left-Clicking] on the Select All option label-selects all input, return, and output mixer channels. [Left-Clicking] on the Select All Inputs, Select All Returns, or Select All Outputs option label-selects the corresponding mixer channels.

[Shift-Left-Clicking] one of the 32 group preset options will set the group to the current number-selected tracks and prompts for a group name. This will overwrite any previous group entries in that preset.

[Ctrl-Left-Clicking] one of the 32 group will blend the preset with any currently number-selected tracks.

[Ctrl-Alt-Left-Clicking] one of the 32 group will blend the preset with any currently label-selected tracks.
When you are finished with the group operation, simply [Right-Click] in any track number zone to clear number-selected groups, and [Alt-Right-Click] in any track label zone to clear label-selected groups. The group assignments will save with the edl and mix templates.

The mixer views work similarly although they do not have the special Label-Selected Track modes.

Bob L

ivanoff
08-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Setting the group preset is done by [Shift-Clicking] the group you want to set in the popup menu after you have pre-selected the channels or tracks.
Bob L

It's OK now, Bob
I always read the help files before asking in the tread, but not always easy for a french guy.

Ivanoff

Bob L
08-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd say you are doing amazing for reading the helpfile in a non-native language... heck... I could never do that... and... many of the Americans don't do any better and the helpfile IS their native language. :)

Bob L

ivanoff
08-04-2008, 11:10 AM
thanks Bob, but if I send you a recipe of a very very good french meal in french I'm sur you 'll make an effort:)
Ivanoff

bcorkery
08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Ivanoff,

Please make that recipe public. I'll try it!

Domo Arigato!

ivanoff
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Ivanoff,

Please make that recipe public. I'll try it!

Domo Arigato!

why not !!!
I look for something .....rather meal or fish ?, rather legumes or pasrta ? rather red wine or white wine ? rather pie or cream ??

Ivanoff:):)