PDA

View Full Version : OT: pops when opening diff apps

AcousticGlue
08-06-2008, 05:55 AM
When using a Pod with Line6 edit which uses ASIO, and opening either drumcore or SAW or even when closing the Line6 edit and going from Drumcore to SAW, get pops. Using older Layla driver that was recommended from Echoaudio for better ASIO/latency performance. Does anyone else get pops when opening closing apps? Saw is set for ASIO and Drumcore is not I believe but most often have Line6 edit open with Drumcore fishing for drum tracks to open into SAW.

Arco
08-06-2008, 07:43 AM
pops happen whenever i change sample rate or buffer size so the differenct apps may be taking control of ASIO using different settings..when they give back control the asio resets.

DominicPerry
08-06-2008, 07:57 AM
I get pops with my Echo Audiofire whenever I start recording with tape style monitoring on. Regardless of buffers. I can use 1x64 and it's fine except at the beginning of the take, when even 6x512 doesn't smooth it out. No idea why. Never happenend with the Digiface so I guess it's just the drivers.

Dominic

Bob L
08-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I have found that many drivers do not clear buffers properly when starting and stopping and therefore may pass a buffer of random data thru to the hardware... nasty!

Good drivers like the RME and others do not do this.

Bob L

AcousticGlue
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I think in Echoaudio world this case of best/worst. The older driver allows lower buffers in ASIO mode but has pops. The newer driver doesn't do this but cannot achieve the lower buffer settings.

BrainCrasher
08-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I own a Layla20 and She needs to be princess.

Echoevent....Echodigital. Layla, Gina. ect + good converters
.................................................. .......- drivers.

BrainCrasher
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
pops happen whenever i change sample rate or buffer size so the differenct apps may be taking control of ASIO using different settings..when they give back control the asio resets.

Dedicate your computer to a task.

Bob L
08-07-2008, 07:06 PM
It's common for some converter hardware to create a pop when changing samplerates... that may be what you are experiencing.

Bob L