PDA

View Full Version : loopback record

Iain Westland
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
wit of wierdness here at my end

always used this facility,RECORD LOOPBACK LATENCY ADJUST i know you think its un needed Bob, but i like it:D so got round to upgrading the studio machine tonight with full, set everything up to measure and calibrate again and off i went ...

except this reports way larger latencies than i get with sawlite and doesnt work at all with sac.

gonna try and word this better, but have a few things to sort at the moment

Bob L
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Not quite sure what you mean when you say this option does not work with SAC... the Loopback Latency option is not in SAC.

Also... please make certain that your Full upgrade installed in its own new folder and you are creating new preferences for it... Lite preferences are not transferrable... you must manually setup new prefs in FULL.

You should, of course, match your buffer and soundcard device settings from Lite... but you can not copy the Lite preference file into Full.

Also... be aware that Full uses much more memory... so make sure you have not overrun your memory resources by installing Full on a machine that does not have enough physical memory.

Bob L

Iain Westland
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
machine has 4gb memory installed, 1Tb hd space spread over 4 disks, audio resides on three, programs on one so i dont think its the computer

to set the system up i opened audio driver model, asio, rme and used the device set ups as auto filled in both full and lite.

mic lead between input / output. load sf into track one out around and back in, record and measure the difference.

in lite 66 samples
in full 456 samples

adjust the loopback

in lite, in line recording
in full no difference

as for sac, its the console in the studio, audio in/out. i know it hasnt got this in it, but i expected saw to still play back the audio slightly ahead of the recording to compensate for this, even though it uses different audio settings.

Bob L
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Sounds to me like you are overthinking all of it... none of this is necessary... SS drops the recordings in their proper sync as you overdub...

The difference in latency in full and lite is most likely due to a difference in buffer settings in full... you should set them up the same as you had in lite.

Bob L

Iain Westland
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Bob, i have never set preferences up, its just straight set ups.

and saw cant adjust for my converters, thats what i use loopback to adjust for, i like to know that audio leaving the computer will enter in the same place.

i will have another look over the weekend but the differences existed tonight, on brand new fresh installs, no preferences, and audio set up as it is when you select the asio driver, no other tweaks

Iain

Iain Westland
08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
just remembered that lite is 4.1, no hooks

Iain