PDA

View Full Version : Trim Session to Bob

Carlos Mills
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Bob,

The Trim Session command doesn't Trim the video file... a possible enhancement for the comming up dates? :rolleyes: we never stop asking!

Cheers!

Bob L
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
You are correct... that requires quite a bit more code because I have to read and rewrite the entire video thru DirectShow and its not very straightforward as far as editing a file is concerned.

Bob L

Sean McCoy
08-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Would it also be difficult to at least copy the untrimmed video file(s) as part of the trim process?

Bob L
08-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I thought it already did that... I'll check the code.

Bob L

Sean McCoy
08-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't think so. I've always had to manually copy the video files into the trimmed EDL directory, and the trimmed EDL still looks for the video in its original location unless it is manually updated.

Bob L
08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I'll mark that down for a fix.

Thanks,

Bob L

Sean McCoy
08-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Killer. Thanks, Bob.

Dave Labrecque
08-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Killer. Thanks, Bob.

Not trying to be a trouble-maker, but I wonder if a user-selectable option is the way to go here. As we know, video files (especially low-compression files, like SAW prefers) can be pretty large. Oftentimes it seems to me that it'd be quicker and less space-intensive to move these files manually.

If it is indeed a copy operation that's required, I agree that it makes sense to have SAW do the legwork, but if two identical sets of video files aren't actually going to be needed, this kind of thing could make an otherwise doable trim operation undoable due to disc space limitations. If ya know what I mean...

Bob L
08-10-2008, 07:12 PM
That was my thinking when I originally designed the code... I will look into it to see if I can come up with something better.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
08-10-2008, 07:16 PM
That was my thinking when I originally designed the code... I will look into it to see if I can come up with something better.

Bob L

Cool. Thanks, Bob.

Carlos Mills
08-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Sounds great Bob! Thanks!

Bob L