PDA

View Full Version : Playback sounds faster and higher that recording

jvergara65
08-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi guys,
some strange is happening to me in SawStudio Lite. I have been recording a band live in the Multitrack view. (A mix to only one track stereo), but after finishing, the play back of the recording is about 1 tone higher that the song key and it is faster.
I don't have any plug-ins at all. My setup is
a Behringer Ultragain 8 ADAT to a M-Audio ProFire LightBridge using 24 bits - 48000.

Have you guys had this problem? I don't even know where to look. It is really weird. Before it was always recording fine.

Thanks,
Juan C

Bob L
08-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Make sure you have the master/slave setup correctly with only one device set as master... I recommend the soundcard set as master and the Behringer set to slave to optical... and you must have both the optical in and out light pipes patched.

In this manner, SAWStudio will set the clock rate on the system and you cannot record at the wrong rate... otherwise... you can have the hardware clocking at one rate and you can have SS set at a different rate... which may cause what you are describing.

Bob L

mako
08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Your description sounds like something is playing back a 44.1k file at 48k settings.

Mark

I'd pretty much guarantee this.

mako

Iain Westland
08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
did you play a video on your computer before you opened the multi track?

had exactly this problem last year and it came down to nero arsing with some settings ...

out of all the things i would like Bob to do, a little button that burns to disk would be it, as external programs always make me fall over

Iain

IraSeigel
08-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Same problems with Roxio, too. The later versions, in particular, are incredibly bloaty and intrusive. I've reverted back to v6, which pretty much just does burning of music and data. Fine for me.

Ira

jvergara65
08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. I understand the somehow the file is playing with a different sample rate than the one recorded. I think it was a glitch in the computer or in the firewire interface that changed the frecuency because a I recorded 4 different songs (using the same recording session) that we were rehearsing, and the first song recorded ok. Then I think there was an electricity spike (It was raining) and the next three songs observed the strange behavior explained in this thread.

For example, when I do a playback in the session - the measure/time counter in the multitrack does not even move although the track is playing.

I repeated the process , recording a piano track in a different session and everything played back fine as usual.