PDA

View Full Version : SAW Video Track

soundtrack2life
08-18-2008, 06:59 AM
This is my first time ever doing audio to video with SAW. . . I prepped the SAW session with the audio and video track to overdub some additional vocals for a band video demo I am doing tonight . . . OK a couple of things. I have a dual monitor set up and I would like to move the video playback opposite of the SAW timeline. After I move it it snaps right back to the main video monitor. So then I figured I would send the video back through the firewire and everything plays fine on the DAW but nothing shows up at the video deck. Any suggestions?
TIA
Joe

Ian Alexander
08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Maybe these will help? Hope so.

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5878

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5820

Bob L
08-18-2008, 08:55 AM
The DirectDraw Windows interface generally does not allow video playback on anything but the primary monitor... so you will just have to make some space there for the viewer... I generally create a separate set of F-Keys for video work.

As for firewire, only a DV-avi file can render direct to the firewire... so you should first convert the video format to DV-avi type 1 or 2 if you want to render to external firewire.

You can render any format to the overlay hardware output if your video card supports that as some kind of theater mode.

Bob L

razor
08-19-2008, 06:03 AM
. I generally create a separate set of F-Keys for video work.

As for firewire, only a DV-avi file can render direct to the firewire... so you should first convert the video format to DV-avi type 1 or 2 if you want to render to external firewire.

Bob L

HI Bob

I can't seem to get the Video zoom size to lock with the f key. It always defaults to 1/2 size.

Have I missed something?

Cheers

Phil

Bob L
08-19-2008, 07:55 AM
The video viewer has its own preferences... you can set the size and other options in the viewer menu, then save the video viewer preferences from that same menu... it will save the start position, wheteher or not it starts visible... the size... etc.

The viewer itself does not link to FKeys... you need to set its position and then set your FKey views around it.

Bob L

razor
08-19-2008, 11:10 PM
thanks Bob