PDA

View Full Version : Corrupting AUX 2 send

razor
08-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi Bob

Iv'e got a large project and all of a sudden started getting distotion.

Tracked it down to aux send 2.

I removed all plugins from aux 2 but if I send audio there it will distort.

Any help would be appreciated hope u r well.

Thanks

Phil

AcousticGlue
08-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Then maybe the traffic you're sending it has gone above digital zero? Are you compressing files and upping the output gain?

Bob L
08-19-2008, 07:48 AM
There is nothing different about aux 2 and the other auxes... double check that you are not overdriving the aux 2 master by sending high signal levels there... look at the aux master 2 on the second return chan above the return controls... lower that master if needed to keep the bus level at a nominal level.

Bob L

razor
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
There is nothing different about aux 2 and the other auxes... double check that you are not overdriving the aux 2 master by sending high signal levels there... look at the aux master 2 on the second return chan above the return controls... lower that master if needed to keep the bus level at a nominal level.

Bob L

yes have done that.

It will cause break up of audio at any level.

im just not using it now.

will do more testing.

ta

phil

Bob L
08-20-2008, 12:16 AM
I just fed 12 tracks of a mix thru my aux send 2 and returned it straight back and soloed... sounded fine.

Something else is going on.

Bob L

Mountain Media
08-20-2008, 03:56 AM
yes have done that.

It will cause break up of audio at any level.

im just not using it now.

will do more testing.

ta

phil

Are you sending Aux 2 Send to a separate external converter? If so, sounds like it might be hardware problem.

razor
08-26-2008, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the input.

Levels not an issue.

It started on other auxs next session.

I had about 4 plugins per aux send.

I wrote down all settings and cleared all plugins.

reloaded plugins and removed under-utilised ones.

Something got screwy.

No problems now.

All six auxs working fine.

Cheers

rdubost
08-26-2008, 06:48 AM
This reminds me of a weird problem I ran into about two years ago. It appeared that I was using automations in offset mode, which was causing the aux2 send to clip. I don't remember the specifics but offset mode was definitely involved. I reported here and the thread should be easy to find.

Dave Labrecque
08-26-2008, 06:54 PM
the thing about the french, is they don't have a word for "entrepreneur". Roger, do you remember Steve Martin's line from (I think) his first album, Let's Get Small?

"It's like those French have a different word for everything!"

Maybe you have to hear it? :o

rdubost
08-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Yes Dave, maybe I should have a look. Some more of your president's famous sayings would seem appropriate too, wouldn't it ? Could be turned into hilarious lyrics for a song, even several, I think :)

Dave Labrecque
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes Dave, maybe I should have a look. Some more of your president's famous sayings would seem appropriate too, wouldn't it ? Could be turned into hilarious lyrics for a song, even several, I think :)

Oh? Is Dubya not a big fan of the French? :p