PDA

View Full Version : corrupt data settings on fx

Grekim
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
This is not a crisis since I know what my settings were, but I'd like to get a handle on how to remedy this situation if things were more complicated. When I open the edl I get a corrupt data setting on the Levelizer and Sonoris meter and can't double click open the Levelizer for example since it has < > around it. It was working fine until I changed the name of the project folder.
Upon opening the edl after changing the name, I did the shift-OK to repath. Files came up no problem. I don't remember if I got the corrupt error immediately after or the next time I opened the edl. So what's going on here? Thanks.

Edit: Just remembered, after changing the project folder I used the open recent edl feature and it said the file may be missing, no surprise. So I opened the edl as you normally would through Windows or SAW's open edl.

Grekim
08-20-2008, 07:42 AM
No problems now. Weird.

Bob L
08-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Be careful with changing file names or folder paths... yes, SS can attempt to repath all files links when using the Shift key while answering the warning dialog... but... if you want to change path options for a session, learn about the File View Window from the View menu... this window shows all current session files and paths and allows you to change them safefly within the session and also actually have the files moved at the same time.

Not sure why the plugin settings would be lost... unless you actually changed the SAWStudio install folder name... then certain plugin paths may have been messed with.

Bob L

Grekim
08-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Be careful with changing file names or folder paths... yes, SS can attempt to repath all files links when using the Shift key while answering the warning dialog... but... if you want to change path options for a session, learn about the File View Window from the View menu... this window shows all current session files and paths and allows you to change them safefly within the session and also actually have the files moved at the same time.

Not sure why the plugin settings would be lost... unless you actually changed the SAWStudio install folder name... then certain plugin paths may have been messed with.

Bob L

Yeah, you know that must be it....I still have Lite on my machine and if I opened it through Windows, Windows must have opened Lite and not SS Full. That would do it.

Bob L
08-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Yup... make sure you create separate icons on the desktop properly targeted... and then... as soon as you are completely stable in Full... remove Lite from the machine so there is no future confusion.

Bob L

Grekim
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Will do. Looks like if I click on an edl through Windows it opens SS Lite. I almost always open SS Full first and then open an edl through SS. Anyway, I'll re-link ".edl" to the SS Full application.