PDA

View Full Version : SAC ROCKS!!!

Ashby De La Garza
08-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Man i just have to say SAC is one of the best Software i tried and man it runs so smooth in our Church "Iglesia Cristo Viene" in baytown Tx and the Tv station which is been going on localy for a while we will be going on Comcast cable this Monday Cuming up Sep. 3 on Channel 326.. But thank you so much Bob!!

Bob L
08-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Glad to hear it... wait till you see the official release... any day now... just cleaning up some final details.

The Remote code is really exciting and the scenes have taken on an incredible approach.

Bob L

Ashby De La Garza
08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Man i can't wait!!.. were in the proccess of actually taking out our monitor and just putting a computer back there and start running Sac ... but i dont know if this Motu's 24 I/0 are gunna handle it cuz i can't run the "samples per buffer" under 128 and even then the sound kinda starts glitching at that rate... What do you recomend on that..??

Bob L
08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Not sure if the MOTU drivers will deliver higher performance... but... make sure to do my Windows XP Tweaks... (Misc Downloads)... and also try the SAC RealTime Priority option... it may give you higher performance and lower buffer settings.

Otherwise... it may be time to move up to the RME or Sydek stuff.

Bob L

Ashby De La Garza
09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok i just went into the website Looking for the interfaces which one do you recommend... Remember we need 48 channels.

mako
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
2 RME Digiface's (with PCI cards) and 6 ADA8000's will get you there.

You will not have to worry about latency with this setup.

cheers

mako

Ashby De La Garza
09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
ok well we already have the Presonus DigiMAX FS's for our preamps would it still work with those interfaces your're talking about?

UpTilDawn
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
ok well we already have the Presonus DigiMAX FS's for our preamps would it still work with those interfaces your're talking about?

You bet! This thing's got adat out AND in..... something the Digimax 96k (and older 48k) that I use lacks. Very easy set up with the RME Digiface and I imagine the Sydec stuff too.

DanT

Ashby De La Garza
09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
sorry to ask but i was just looking at the Digiface, but where does it have the trs output's?

Bob L
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
The digiface is just the lightpipes... you need the Behringers for the ins and outs... not sure if your Presonus boxes have both.

Bob L

sebastiandybing
09-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I am not sure RME are selling the org. pcima card with the slim connection
any more, so you will probably run into problems, also the pcmia card is more or less dead, you will have to buy the cardbus express if you want to use it on your next laptop.

Sebastian

UpTilDawn
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
The digiface is just the lightpipes... you need the Behringers for the ins and outs... not sure if your Presonus boxes have both.

Bob L

This particular Presonus does have both adat in and out.

Another option would be to use the headphone/line out on the front of the Digiface(s), run them through a line mixer and monitor from the line mixer headphone out.

Didn't realize you're using, or contemplating using a laptop for this rig as Sebastian suggests. In that case, I suppose you need to consider the pcmia/cardbus angle..... which I don't have any personal experience with.

DanT

Bob L
09-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes... but is it set up where the mic/line ins feed the ADAT out and then the ADAT in feeds the line outs... some are not setup that way thru the ADAT lightpipe.

Bob L

sebastiandybing
09-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Your right Dan, he is not saying anything about a laptop,
so then go for the pci or probably better a pci express card.

also take a look at rme madi solutions, they are slight more expensive
but I think the flexability is worth the extra. this will give you 64 in/out
at 44.1 khz. using only one slot.

also look at SSL´s madi pci card witch seems to be cheaper than RME,

One thing really nice with RME´s madi stuff is that all the I/O boxes can be remote controlled from the main computer.

Sebastian

UpTilDawn
09-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Yes... but is it set up where the mic/line ins feed the ADAT out and then the ADAT in feeds the line outs... some are not setup that way thru the ADAT lightpipe.

Bob L

Here's what the manual says about the adat i/o:

ADAT Output. This optical ADAT output sends eight channels of digital audio output...When using sample rates of 44.1K and 48k, all 8 channels are sent out one light pipe output labeled 1-8 just above the light pipe connector... ADAT Input. This optical ADAT output receives eight channels of digital audio input... When using sample rates of 44.1K and 48k, all 8 channels are received into one light pipe input labeled 1-8 just above the light pipe connector...
DAC Output. (Digital to Analog Converter). Balanced ¼” TRS analog outputs of the converted digital optical ADAT input signals. Converts ADAT optical input to analog output...

I assume from this that it is set up the correct way... Is that right?
It's too early in the day for me to use my brain for anything more complicated than picking milk, not orange juice, for my cereal. :)

DanT

UpTilDawn
09-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Your right Dan, he is not saying anything about a laptop...
Thought maybe you had insider information, so just wanted to be sure.:)