PDA

View Full Version : Support for Behringer BRC2000 and BFC2000?

Corey
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi, I'm considering purchasing SAWStudio via the Good Faith Agreement so I can break free of Cubase. I downloaded the demo and am just trying to see if it fits into my workflow.

One thing I use a lot is a couple of inexpensive MIDI controllers so I can control Cubase while sitting at the drums/keys -- the Behringer BFC2000 and BRC2000.

I don't see any templates for them in SAWStudio so I was wondering what is the best way to do this? Does SAW "learn" like Cubase? For example in Cubase I can just select any function and tell it to learn -- then touch a control and it's assigned.

Thanks. :)

DominicPerry
09-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Corey, Welcome. The BCF2000 is supported in SAC. There are a couple of threads here about how to get them initialised with a SysEx dump - try a forum search - you've got the characters swapped around in your post, maybe that's why you didn't find anything;).
Bob uses them himself, so he can and does help troubleshoot problems.

Dominic

mako
09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi Corey - I'm not sure about the BCF2000 in SAWStudio but it works beautifully in SAC as a front end controller - i.e. replacing console.

Via SAC, you can feed SS for recording.

I haven't used BCF2000 on synths but it does have it's own midi learn mode.

If SAC interests you - I'd advise you to get in right now as the price will be going up to US$500 probably by this weeks end.

cheers

mako

Bob L
09-02-2008, 04:41 AM
The BCF2000 unit is supported in the SAC program. I have not converted the template to SAWStudio yet, but will do so with the next SAWStudio update which will follow just after the SAC official release in a few days.

You can see the supported midi controllers in the SAWStudio helpfile... the best being the Mackie Universal Control.

Bob L

Cary B. Cornett
09-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Using the BCF2000 with SawStudio is a bit tricky at first. You need to set the BCF2000 to Mackie emulation mode and then use SawStudio's mackie template. I have done this and it works, and a couple of years back we were using this setup to mix live stage shows. We had an analog mixer available, but this method was SO much better!

DominicPerry
09-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Sorry Corey, misinformation from me, now corrected.

Or, I was predicting the future. :D

Dominic

Cary B. Cornett
09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Who's "Corey"?? :rolleyes:;)

Corey
09-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks everyone.

I have not converted the template to SAWStudio yet, but will do so with the next SAWStudio update which will follow just after the SAC official release in a few days.

Aaah. Ok, thanks. :)

Cary B. Cornett
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
OK, now I get it :o

I get called by the wrong name so often that I sometimes forget that it just MIGHT not be about me after all... :eek::rolleyes:

Angie
09-02-2008, 04:38 PM
The BCF2000 unit is supported in the SAC program. I have not converted the template to SAWStudio yet, but will do so with the next SAWStudio update which will follow just after the SAC official release in a few days.

You can see the supported midi controllers in the SAWStudio helpfile... the best being the Mackie Universal Control.

Bob L

There is your answer too, Bud. :D

Bud Johnson
09-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Yep.
Stopped looking for it in SS once I got it going in SAC. I love the way it happily chases wherever I am. Used it on the show Sunday. It's real handy to have multiple ways to go depending on whether your near a mouse or not. I'm really loving SAC. I gotta say the system wowed the savvy and luddites alike!