PDA

View Full Version : Help: How To Mass Change Many Segments

Demodave
09-03-2008, 07:06 AM
I am hoping that this is possible. I made a 30 minute kids read along book a couple years ago. To signal the turing of the page, I inserted a chime. Now we are editing the intro and other minor things, including the chime sound. The chime happens about 30 times on its own track. Is there a way to do a mass change of the chime sound so that all 30 segments get changed at once? The timing of all other tracks will remain the same.

Mountain Media
09-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I am hoping that this is possible. I made a 30 minute kids read along book a couple years ago. To signal the turing of the page, I inserted a chime. Now we are editing the intro and other minor things, including the chime sound. The chime happens about 30 times on its own track. Is there a way to do a mass change of the chime sound so that all 30 segments get changed at once? The timing of all other tracks will remain the same.

Not sure how you have the chime setup on it's track, but if it is a separate .wav filename, could you just swap filenames with an identical length .wav file with the new sound? You would have to rebuild the peak-file for the new one, and replace it in the Regions section. I think that would work?

Arco
09-03-2008, 07:13 AM
What kind of change are interesting in making?

Ian Alexander
09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
If all the chimes are the same region used again and again, it's quick and easy. Double click on one of the chime regions in the MT, open up the new sound file in SF, mark the beginning and end of the new sound and press U to update the region. Change the name if you like in the dialog that pops up. Done.

Demodave
09-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Ian!! That worked perfectly!!