PDA

View Full Version : Plugins And SACRemote

William Bushnell
09-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Bob, thankyou for a really amazing product. I had time today to work with the full release of SAC and SACRemote and have to say I can't wait to use it live. I really like being able to limit where a remote has access.

Not sure if this has been covered but one question I have concerns plugins. When I used the prelease version I had to have the same plugins on my remote computer as the host system. This also seems to be the case with the full release of SAC and SACRemote.

My concern is this. While SACRemote is free, a number of plugins, mostly reverbs, delays, and eq's I want to use are not. This may not be a problem if the only remote computer is my own notebook but some of the musicians / singers will want to use their own notebook computers. No problem installing SACRemote on their notebooks as it is free but I can't install the plugins on their notebooks.

If I have missed it, is there a way not to need the plugins on the remote or is there a way for SACRemote to have access the plugins on the host computer? Thanks.

Bob L
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes... I am working on that... the remote should be reading the plugin list from the host and as I get deeped into the idea of using the plugins remotely, you should eventually be able to pop them up and control them from the remote computer.... this however is a bit tricky and requires a background type of remote access protocol that scans the screen and sends the graphics across the network... and I want to do this without bogging down the system..

Still working on that.

Bob L

Iain Westland
09-13-2008, 01:19 AM
WORD!!!

brilliant sir

iain