PDA

View Full Version : RIP Richard Wright

soundtrack2life
09-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Pink Floyd was one of my favorite groups growing up and still to this day . . . .RIP Richard Wright.
Joe

Bruce Callaway
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I remember listening to Pink Floyd in the early 70s when they were a revelation. His keyboard playing was certainly innovative for those times. he struck me as being a bit like George Harrison, they both added a lot of class to the bands they were in but didn't get fully recognised for it by their peers.

studio-c
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow wow wow...

I was 15 in Brussels wandering around, and saw the Dark Side of the Moon rainbow outside a movie theatre. Looked kinda cool, so i went in, they were playing "Pink Floyd at Pompeii". Changed my life...

Wright was a total class act professional, and responsible for so much of the audio landscape upon which Gilmour and Waters did their storytelling.

Shine on Richard :) (to borrow from a bandmate).

Cheers,
Scott

mOjO Fet
09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Unexpected and sad...

Michael

Pedro Itriago
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
He's now at the great gig in the sky. :(

TotalSonic
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM
His playing was by turns subtle, elegant, direct, concise, and powerful - not things you can say for many keyboardists of the genre most of his playing was done in. So sorry to see him leave here a bit too soon.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AcousticGlue
09-17-2008, 05:34 AM
I don't even know if I'd like music that much if never a Pink Floyd sound to compare things to. The Porcupine Tree is by stretches the best band around in my estimation now. They are the Pink Floyd of today to me. It was sad that Roger Waters made such a fuss about RWright and NMason, saying they were not musicians back then. Then DGimour had the comeback to say he played most of RWaters bass parts on the Floyd albums cause Waters would show up late for takes. It appeared they might mend ways and regroup but sadly, this will never occur now.