PDA

View Full Version : cliping switch

ivanoff
09-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Salut

When i use EQ , i've a little cliping with bypass switch and lo cut and hi cut switch. With Echo Delay the cliping is with echo....
When i start and stop playback too... (rightclick or space bar )

Try different buffers; 128, 256 or 512 samples.
I've an M-Audio delta 44
Try one or two cpu
Thanks for some help
Ivanoff

Dave Labrecque
09-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Salut

When i use EQ , i've a little cliping with bypass switch and lo cut and hi cut switch. With Echo Delay the cliping is with echo....
When i start and stop playback too... (rightclick or space bar )

Try different buffers; 128, 256 or 512 samples.
I've an M-Audio delta 44
Try one or two cpu
Thanks for some help
Ivanoff

What do you mean by 'cliping'?

Bob L
09-20-2008, 10:33 AM
If you mean a small click when you press the switch... yes... those switches do not use fade slope technology, so you want to press them or automate them near a zero cross point on the waveform... or during silence.

Bob L

ivanoff
09-20-2008, 10:44 AM
[quote=Bob L;92692]If you mean a small click

yes, a small click (sorry for my english)
OK Bob, thanks, so, is it normal the samll click when i star et stop playback?
Ivanoff

Bud Johnson
09-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I think if you start playback at a zero cross point or a blank area it won't click.
Also if you preload buffers before playback sometimes that will fix it, but not always.

ivanoff
09-20-2008, 10:59 AM
OK thanks Bud,

Bob L
09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
You should also see if there may be some DC offset within your system... something could be outputting some DC voltage which would cause clicks and pops everytime you start and stop or change switches within the audio signal path.

Did anything change recently... new gear... old gear breaking down...

Bob L

DominicPerry
09-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Clicking when starting or stopping? That will probably be the M-Audio drivers. Just ignore it unless it's appearing on the actual sound files.

Dominic

ivanoff
09-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Clicking when starting or stopping? That will probably be the M-Audio drivers.

Dominic

mostly when stopping.....I have downloaded last M-Audio drivers for my soundcard.
I notice the fact cos i never heard it before, especially with Lo cut with the EQ.

Bob's possibility about DC is not too bad, lot of materiels...
I'll see it tomorrow, it's 12 pm in France.

Good afternoon, all of you and thanks for all:):)

Carl G.
09-20-2008, 03:45 PM
You should also see if there may be some DC offset within your system... something could be outputting some DC voltage which would cause clicks and pops everytime you start and stop or change switches within the audio signal path.

Did anything change recently... new gear... old gear breaking down...

Bob L

Which reminds me.... Bob, any chance of adding the 'circuitry' that slopes "EQ Lo Cut" so that "pops" are less likely to happen across those points of automation?

Bob L
09-20-2008, 05:38 PM
That is on the todo list.

Bob L

Carl G.
09-22-2008, 08:12 AM
That is on the todo list.

Bob L

AWESOME! Thanks!