PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Tranzport Control Surface

txshonk
09-21-2008, 06:54 AM
So I have been playing with my Tranzport in SAC running into some limited functionality:

Only controls I seem to have are:

Track <> - moves the tracks
Shift Track <> - moves tracks by 8
Mute - mutes current track
Solo - solos current track

The punch key will not activate to scroll through available parameters.

I downloaded the demo version of SAWStudio and the Punch key works there.

Anyone else have similar problems or am I looking at a user error?

Thanks

Bob L
09-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Looks like something did not translate correctly in the template... I will look into it... there will be a new update very soon.

Bob L

Bob L
09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Fixed in the next 1.2 SAC update.

Thanks... good find.

Bob L

txshonk
09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Bob -

Thanks a bunch works like a champ.

I really want to let you know I am thoroughly impressed with the level of support offered on the forums here.

Just want to let you know I am loving the SAC concept. I messed with using Sonar for a year strickly for monitor mixes but was never comfortable jumping to FOH with the setup.

Two things that really interest me are:

1) Stick a laptop and potenitally an MCU out in the crowd for FOH (no having to coil a snake at the end of the night).
2) Stick a laptop on stage and let the band if they feel so inclined toy with their monitor mixes.

So of course once I get SAC working of course the next step is recording a live show - so it looks like it may be time to get comfortable with another DAW.

I am looking forward to seeing how SAWStudio compares to Nuendo/Sonar as those are the 2 DAWs I have worked with extensively.

Thanks again,

Dave

UpTilDawn
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
...I am looking forward to seeing how SAWStudio compares to Nuendo/Sonar as those are the 2 DAWs I have worked with extensively....

I'm trying to get used to Sonar because of a digital snake system being installed in our auditorium.
I can say from my perspective that I WISH IT WAS SAW/SAC!!!!:eek::)
(Not that there's anything wrong with Sonar... I suppose.);)

There's no comparing the two in my eyes.

mako
09-24-2008, 01:39 AM
>snip<

I am looking forward to seeing how SAWStudio compares to Nuendo/Sonar as those are the 2 DAWs I have worked with extensively.

Thanks again,

Dave

G'day Dave - I come from many years of Cubase (since pro 24).
Midi-wise, Steinberg were top dogs of their day, as well as C-Lab's progs.
Even in the early days their support was terrible compared to what we get here at SAWStudio.

If you have already purchased SAC - the link between SAC and SAW is something you won't ever get with external audio programs AFAIK.

Probably a good time to try out the demo.

Some deny it - I know what I hear - SS is like a quality mic pre and removes the veil from the sound.

Good luck

mako

IraSeigel
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Just a reminder - and excuse me if I'm incorrect - but the SAW/SAC link only exists to the Lite and Full versions of SAW - not SS Basic.

And I believe Bob is still offering a 40% discount on Lite and Full versions for a limited time.

Ira

txshonk
09-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I have downloaded the SAW Studio Lite Demo - and yes the 40% discount definitely peaked my interest. I havent had a chance to do more then open SAW Studio Lite and record a few tracks. I was inpressed that 24 tracks in SAC with light effects at 32 buffers and basically no latency recorded without a glitch into SAW studio at basically 35% CPU usage. I just need to find the time to lock myself up and fumble through a project in SAW Studio to learn the ropes. But since the SAW link requires SS Lite or above its alittle more of an investment and I am not sure I am ready to bail on Nuendo yet.

I can get Nuendo tracking and FOH with 24 tracks at 64 buffers. Just montior setup and networking is a far cry from the SAC setup.