PDA

View Full Version : Sub groups feeding multiple outputs

Mogers
09-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Hi Bob

Loving the new update - big thanks for sorting out the issues I raised last week so quickly. It's a rare joy to get such incredible support.

So, having sorted some issues, the never-satisfied user is now asking for more... ;)

Outputs 9-24 are not really outputs at all - they don't send signal out of the system, but instead their only function is to send signals to the next stage in the internal system - i.e. the real outputs 1-8. So maybe, for clarity and consistency, they should be renamed - groups? subgroups?

Meanwhile, is there any reason why 9-24 must only be able to feed one of 1-8, rather than more than one? I'm thinking of a few possible scenarios:

(1) doing speaker management (crossovers, LPF for subs etc) in software rather than using an external device - so you could, for example, use output 1 for the Mid-Highs, and output 2 for the subs, and output 3 for a delay stack - with all the EQs and delays done using plugins.

(2) where you have main FOH speakers, but also surround speakers which carry not only swirly FX but also some of the main FOH mix.

These are both possible if you only use the input channel routing (i.e. send an input to output 1 and 2 and 3 etc), but if you want to use the submixes of 9-24 (i.e. not the Grp Latch mode), then it doesn't work.

Maybe this could be done by adding an 8-button routing matrix to "outputs" 9-24 in the relevant blank space?

cheers
Mark

Bob L
09-26-2008, 04:23 AM
That's exactly what is in the works.. but requires a re-design of the output part of the engine... as well as the graphics...

But... you can do what you are asking by using the outputs as group latches... you multiple assign the input channels and also assign them to the group latch... then the group actually moves all latched faders as a master... an advantage here, compared to an actual group routing is that pst aux sends continue to chase properly as you work the group latch master, because the actual input faders move together.

Bob L

KarelNoon
04-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi,
im diiging this old thread out of nowehere, because i wanted to aks the same question.
the possibility to route the outs 9-24 to multiple outs would relay make my day, and even better would be the option to send subgroups from FOH to monitor mixes, for example i have an Audio Technica ATM250DE kick Microfone, once the Balnace between the two capsules is set i only want to move one fader, but have all the routing options as a normal chanell, and i
want to have the "pre mixed signal on my monitors. the same could be usefull for guitar etc.

so bob, something going on here or should i find a workaround? :)

Bob L
04-05-2011, 03:13 AM
The sub outs have long been re-designed to be able to output to all master outs simultaneously...don't remember which version update that was... but download the latest.

I am working on the idea of passing sub outs down thru the monitor mixers also.

Bob L

KarelNoon
04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
OK, that was clearly my fault, i am using 2.7 but my manual was still 2.5 i did not download the new one....
and i was looking for buttons simmilar to the ones used in the channels....

for a special reason it also would be nice to make it possible to route back to other subgroups, i wanted to do something like every vocal on a subgroup where it can run through a UAD plug and then combine them in another group running them all together trough another Plug.

but passing through to monitors is fare more important