PDA

View Full Version : MT window shrink!!!!

bertie
11-06-2004, 02:24 AM
hi Bob :)

I noticed that when i play a session and i grab the MT window from the left or right side and shrink it and then stretch it back again, the wave form coloured block dissapears and sometimes it dissapears completely with the waveform!
Also, when i drag up and down the MT window instead of the normal resizing the the MT window gets all kinds of deformation and sometimes it mixes all together with the rest of the windows e.g. soundfile view.

Any idea?

Bertie,

Bob L
11-06-2004, 02:46 AM
Not seeing any of those problems here... my guess is that you may have the Windows Drag Contents while sizing oprion turned ON... This is one option you want OFF... you also want to turn OFF the Windows effects option that fades menues in and out and other things... very nasty resource hogs.

In Windows 2000, right-click the desktop and select Properties, then the effects tab. Turn off the transition effects and the option for drag Windows contents.

In Win XP, right-click the desktop, then select Properties and then the Appearance tab. Select Effects... and turn the stuff off from there.

You may also have a problem because your video card is doing Bitmap caching... in many cases, lowering Windows Hardware Acceleration level one notch on the slider may help the situation.

In either 2000 or XP, right-click the desktop and select Properties, then Settings, then Advanced... then Troubleshooting... slide the slider down one notch.

See if that helps.

And, if not... well, I suggest using the F-Keys to change window sizes anyway... there should be no reason to grab and size the windows directly anyway... preset them up in the F-Keys, and change views that way.

Bob L

bertie
11-06-2004, 03:23 AM
Thanks Bob :)

I didn't know that that option should be unchecked....sorry :(

And, can you explain to me please why SAW needs this option off to do a proper resizing of the windows?

Please :)

Bertie,

Bob L
11-06-2004, 03:37 AM
I am assuming that fixed the problem then.

SAWStudio does all of its window drawing in ram in assembly language for speed, then blts the results to Windows. These types of options try to second guess what has been changed and what needs repainting. Windows can not keep track of what I am doing in ram because I am not using the standard function calls to update every facet of the screen updates. Therefore some segments of the windows do not get handled correctly by Windows with these options active.

Bob L

Mountain Media
11-06-2004, 04:16 AM
In Windows 2000, right-click the desktop and select Properties, then the effects tab. Turn off the transition effects and the option for drag Windows contents.

In Win XP, right-click the desktop, then select Properties and then the Appearance tab. Select Effects... and turn the stuff off from there.

See if that helps.

And, if not... well, I suggest using the F-Keys to change window sizes anyway... there should be no reason to grab and size the windows directly anyway... preset them up in the F-Keys, and change views that way.

Bob LBertie, thank you for asking the question, and Bob for your answer! I've had similar symptoms with my laptop. I usually use F-keys, but every so often I would drag MT to show one more track, or similar. I would loose part of display until something would redraw MT, then all would be fine. After reading this, I changed options in Appearance/Effects and all is fine! I forgot about these when I had to reload XP a few months back.

--- WINDOWS!!! @&%$# !! ----