PDA

View Full Version : Channel In PatchPoint

Carl G.
10-07-2008, 07:37 AM
New over here.... does SAC have an input channel patch in point - so that I can take the 'direct out' of channel 1 and patch it into an adjacent input track (of course SawStudio doesn't).
That way we can have the benefits of what a 'duplicate' track mixing would bring... without the Multitrack!
Another example would be side chaining compression.... the compressed on ch.1, and the uncompressed on ch. 2 - both blended appropriately into out1.
By doing this instead of the Aux or Submaster route then we could GANG Ch1 and Ch2 (for equal movement)... whereas now we can't gang aux with input, nor submasters with inputs.
(I'm not sure how the automatic latency compensation would allow this - but it would be nice to be able to do when not using buffer changing plugins)
I guess my real question (not owning SAC yet) .... could this be possible in SawStudio also?

ffarrell
10-07-2008, 08:50 AM
HI

Kinda you can assign the same physical input to any or all channel inputs

input RME 1 into SAC channel 1 and 2 then copy the EQ and compress one not the other.

Hope that helps
fvf

Bob L
10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes... just assign the same input device to as many input channels as you like... and you then also have duplicate splits to all the underlying monitor consoles also... from different tap points (src, pst eq, pst dyn... etc).

Its very fun... download the demo and enjoy the ride. :)

Bob L

Carl G.
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes... just assign the same input device to as many input channels as you like.

Bob L

That makes sense. Very versatile.

Another way to accomplish what I was trying to do in SS is simply have Aux fader automation be able to track with input fader automation as an option. (or also output faders with input faders) when we highlight (darken) the channel numbers in Fmixer. Is that possible to implement in SawStudio?

Bob L
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Carl,

Many things in SAC are similar to the console in SAWStudio... many things are enhanced... and many things are new and different.

I would suggest you download the demo and experiement... it will be the best way for you to see what it will do for you. :)

Bob L