PDA

View Full Version : Plug Ins in Remote

txshonk
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
In using SAC Remote I click on a plug in to alter it through the remote and I get a pop up that states "The Option Is Not Yet Implemented!"

Is this a enhancement coming or a user error?

Bob L
10-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Plugins are actually separate programs, and in the case of the remote, they do not reside on the remote computer but on the host.

Therefore, there is currently no way to activate them on the remote without some serious internal code manipulations similar to PC remote type programs which actually copy and transfer the screen display of the host and emulate remote mouse movements and clicks across the network between the remote and host computer.

Also, in the case of SAC, you would not want a remote user causing plugins to pop-up on the host and interfere with other users operating the host machine as FOH for instance... the problem is complex, because I have to figure out a way to pop the plugin's interface up invisibly on the host machine, since thats where it resides, then translate that image across to the remote, then translate every mouse move and click and keystroke that takes place within the plugin window back to the plugin's interface, which is actually completely separate from SAC itself...

This is not a simple issue.

I am working on some design concepts, but for the moment, it is simply not possible.

Bob L

txshonk
10-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Bob -

I figured it wasn't a simple solution.

So for a remote FOH - any creative recommendations besides running an instance of VNC or something similar when wanting to tweak plugs from FOH?

Thanks,

Dave

Bob L
10-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Right now, that would be the only choice...

For me... I use plugins very sparingly and they can be tweaked from the host machine before the show... then my main mix tasks are handled with all the built-in processing from the FOH remote.

You can also create dual channel signals for certain inputs that require drastic effects processing changes at certain times in the show and then just use the mutes to switch channels when needed.

Bob L

Warren
10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
I have found a utility that works great for Tweaking plugs from the remote. Its
Network Support Manager this program works very nice and is not a klugy as VNC or Radmin but it does use a bit more resources then the others but is well worth it.

I tryed to get Microsoft RDC to work without wanting to create another profile when it connects, and also be able to have multible connections viewing the same desktop but could not make that happen.

Here is a link if any wish to check it out

http://www.netsupportsoftware.com/index.asp

RBIngraham
04-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Right now, that would be the only choice...

For me... I use plugins very sparingly and they can be tweaked from the host machine before the show... then my main mix tasks are handled with all the built-in processing from the FOH remote.

You can also create dual channel signals for certain inputs that require drastic effects processing changes at certain times in the show and then just use the mutes to switch channels when needed.

Bob L

Bob,

Is there any way to control the Channel disable button in the Scenes? I was thinking about doing something similar to what you describe for my next show. But I was hoping that I wouldn't have to suck up all the processing power for the entire show by using the channel enable and disable features. Or is there another way to essentially turn on and off the processing being used by VST effects that are hooked into SAC?

Or is there ways to automate the controls of a VST in Scenes within SAC? That would solve my issue as well, as it's not that I really want to have more than one instance of a paticular effect. All I really want is to be able to adjust that effect on a cue by cue basis. It seems like only a VSTi can have be set up to use an external MIDI input for control and not a VST effect.

Thanks,

Richard

Bob L
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
The chan disable will work in scenes... it is always active in the scene and requires no selection in the scene properties window.

I am also adding patching and settings control to the scenes in a coming update... it is currently not active.

Bob L

RBIngraham
04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
The chan disable will work in scenes... it is always active in the scene and requires no selection in the scene properties window.

I am also adding patching and settings control to the scenes in a coming update... it is currently not active.

Bob L

Cool! So I just set the channel enable/disables as I want them, and record a scene? And I don't have to check off any paticular box in the Scene properties window?

Thanks,

Richard

dbarrow
04-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Network Support Manager this program works very nice and is not a klugy as VNC or Radmin but it does use a bit more resources then the others but is well worth it.

I tryed to get Microsoft RDC to work without wanting to create another profile when it connects, and also be able to have multible connections viewing the same desktop but could not make that happen.

How much does it cost? I could find no reference to price or a link to purchase it.

ffarrell
04-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Have you tried the latest Radmin 3.0?

I've found it to be better/faster then 2.2 but have not tried to use it with SAC.

not a klugy as VNC or Radmin

ffarrell
04-30-2009, 07:02 AM
I did a search and for 55 dollars and 199.00 so not sure.

fvf

How much does it cost? I could find no reference to price or a link to purchase it.

dbarrow
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM

I could find no mention of the price for this application. The links to "where to buy" had no mention either. How much does it cost and where do you get it? If they are trying to sell it, they are doing a terrible job.

Warren
05-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I could find no mention of the price for this application. The links to "where to buy" had no mention either. How much does it cost and where do you get it? If they are trying to sell it, they are doing a terrible job.

Call 1-888-665-0808
They can quote you a price for your network size, its meant more for IT Lan Administrators whom use it to troubleshoot users desktop issues but I have found it also works great with SAC and SAC Remote config and troubleshooting as well.

Hope it helps

Chris