PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Mixes - Effect Subs Recommendations?

txshonk
10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I am wondering if there are different routing solutions for monitor mixes to make the monitor mixes mirror the FOH as musch as possible and make them as low maintenance as possible.

I currently set up the INs to the monitor mixes as pre fader so all eq/plugs/dynamics are being manage FOH and then routed to the monitors.

Problem I am running into any effects i put in an R channel if I want it in the monitors I have to run another instance of the plug in an R channel on the Monitor Mix. Running 4-5 monitor mixes like this starts to tax the CPU.

Is there a routing solution to get a reverb shared accross 5 vocal channels in the FOH mix and get that plug and level of wetness into the monitor mixes without extablishing the same plug and sends in the Monitor mix?

Bob L
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes... on the monitor mixer return channels, you have the option to tap the signal from the FOH or master Monitor Mixer 1, either pre or pst fader... this means the reverb return on FOH or Mon Mixer 1 can be passed thru to the rest of the monitor mixers... you then have separate fader control for wetness in those mixes.

In this way you can share verb processing and save cpu on the other mixers...

Bob L

txshonk
10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
That solved the problem - thanks