PDA

View Full Version : OT: Simple Echo with a Tap button

HapHazzard
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Howdy all,
This is for SAC.

Who's using what for a simple echo that has a Double Tap tempo button and doesn't cost a arm and leg.

Hap

Trackzilla
10-15-2008, 09:09 PM
these guys have a free one that's rather imaginatively called 'echolive' as well as an assortment of other delay based toys:
http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

I've not used them yet, so I fear that's all the endorsement I can offer ;)

Leadfoot
10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Howdy all,
This is for SAC.

Who's using what for a simple echo that has a Double Tap tempo button and doesn't cost a arm and leg.

Hap
Been asking for that since sac came out. Would be nice to have a tap feature yes :)

tony

Himhui
10-15-2008, 10:39 PM
The JMS one has it......

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 06:05 AM
these guys have a free one that's rather imaginatively called 'echolive' as well as an assortment of other delay based toys:
http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

I've not used them yet, so I fear that's all the endorsement I can offer ;)
I saw (LOL) that as one to try out.
http://www.interruptor.ch/vst/echolive-th.jpg
I'm hoping the tap button works out. The other question is latency.

Hap

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 06:21 AM
The JMS one has it......

Two taps! How a the latency issue with SAC?

http://www.jms-audioware.com/rcd-ss.jpg

("You should just download the demo and try it!") Who said that THAT that That that?:eek:
HapHApHapHapHap

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Will I just downloaded the JMS RCDelay and it works great in SAW.
It will not come up in SAC even after I rewrote the Native INI file.:(
Same happened with EchoLive. (VST)
Latency issue?

Hap

Himhui
10-16-2008, 06:47 AM
It takes only 1-2***37; of MT load while the "fx buff chng" doesn't show up in SAW!

Himhui
10-16-2008, 06:59 AM
can load in SAC!

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 07:32 AM
EchoLive works in the VST FX (was looking at the wrong group...Opps:o)

Now to check up on RCDelay and why I can't see it.
Be right back.

Hap

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 07:42 AM
RCDelay is being a little nasty about showing up.

Did I miss something again?

Hap

Himhui
10-16-2008, 07:57 AM
did you put the dll file in the right place?

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 08:08 AM
did you put the dll file in the right place?

Yep
C:\SAC\Native_PlugIns

Himhui
10-16-2008, 08:39 AM
It's right but really have no idea why it didn't show up in your case :confused:

Larry Burger
10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Once I had to type a return (enter) on the last line for it to work.

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Will I got the RCDelay to work in SAC.

I had to rename the INI in SAC, put a copy of SAW's INI file in the Native FX folder, Reinstall the RCDelay and point it at the SAC directory.

After it was complete, I then opened the INI (SawstudioFX_Native_Plugins) in SAC and added the as_geq31v_ss.dll to the list. Then saved.

renamed the INI to SAC_FX_Native.ini

Opened SAC and

Wow! Buts at least it's in!

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Once I had to type a return (enter) on the last line for it to work.
I tried that but no go:(

DaveS
10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
What would be nice (hint - hint ) is if SAC allowed midi into VST effect channels - then you could set up an external control to activate the Tap control on the various delays.

I use the JMS delay - works perfect.... I just wish I could route some Midi controllers to it and other VST effects.

Bob L
10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
You can connect a midi keyboard or controller directly to any VST synth plugin in SAC... just select the midi port by right-clicking the VST plugin window blue pyramid icon and assigning a physical port to the plugin.

Bob L

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 11:57 AM
You can connect a midi keyboard or controller directly to any VST synth plugin in SAC... just select the midi port by right-clicking the VST plugin window blue pyramid icon and assigning a physical port to the plugin.

Bob LWoooo! Wait a minute.

I just tried this with a VST and the midi ports were grayed out.
I loaded a VSTi for laughs and sure enough the midi ports were selectable.

Now the RCDelay doesn't have the feature available (no blue triangle) so no midi. But if I had a port available and knew the TAP control number I could send it up thought the in port and use something like a Oxygen 8 to control the TAP.

Kinda? Maybe?

Leadfoot
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Bob, no tap feature on the horizon for your native delay?

Tony

Bob L
10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
If a VST does not register as a VSTi Synth, then the ports are not available and no midi control currently.

I will put a tap feature on the todo list for the echo... I also have a feet/meter option going in for use with SAC to set time delays for delayed speaker stacks.

Bob L

mako
10-16-2008, 04:27 PM
>snip<

I will put a tap feature on the todo list for the echo... I also have a feet/meter option going in for use with SAC to set time delays for delayed speaker stacks.

Bob L

Delayed stacks - excellent - thanks Bob.

Thanks to others for the delay links also.

cheers

mako

HapHazzard
10-16-2008, 06:01 PM

Bob LThere ya Go!!!!

I'm so very HAP-ee now!:D

DaveS
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Sure would be nice to have midi available for regular VST effects...can't use Guitar Rig without it... :(

Also would make some real-time effects tweaks pretty easy without having to go to the mouse when mixing your band from the stage. You could take a simple controller and have it mapped to your intended VST effect and if you needed a quick tweak - you would turn the knob or slider. It's difficult to do that now if you have to grab the mouse and move to the effect and make the adjust - while still trying to play...