PDA

View Full Version : MWS Problem

andysharifi
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi Bob. My MWS shop is really bothering me. Its version 1.5a.

When playing files or recording, the sound gets all crackly at 47 seconds. MWS keeps playing or recording, but the sound is just pure distortion. When I click play at any point after 47 seconds, there is no sound.

Help

Bob L
10-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Not sure what may be going on here... what is happening at 47 secs in your session... what is playing sound... wav files in SAWStudio... or VST synth plugs controlled by MWS?

Also... why are you way back on 1.5a... the current version of MWS is 1.6f... updates are free... download the current version and see if that fixes your problem.

I may also suggest that you may have to raise your soundcard buffer size... if you are trying for low latency for vsti synth performance... than make sure you are using the ASIO driver model and get your buffer size down as low as possible with no playback problems.

What soundcard are you using? and are you using ASIO or MME drivers?

Bob L

andysharifi
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi Bob. Thanks for the reply.

So far its from playing my Vst synth controlled by mws only. I'm not sure if it does that with hard synths. I will borrow one and try it out.

I bought sawstudio basic 3.8 and mws 1.5 from a retiring sound engineer in craiglist classifieds a while ago. I paid $400.

Can it be the software? I dont want to think that I got swindled because I don't have contact with the original owner any longer.

sawstudio.com said I would have to pay additional $300 for an update for mws.

my soundcard is lynxone. My buffer is at 3@256.

Thanks bob

andysharifi
10-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Bob. I just tried an old roland d50 synth. mws works fine. The sound doesn't get distorted after 47 seconds. it just happens with soft synths. I don't know why.

can it be a soundcard issue?

Bob L
10-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Did the person who sold you the software transfer the license thru us to you? If not... sounds like he is scamming people.

If you have the license transfer, you can update MWS for free.

Make sure you use the Lynx ASIO drivers... read the helpfile menu reference to learn how to use the Options/Driver Model selection to set SAWStudio up for ASIO.

You should be able to get the buffers lower than that with no sound issues.

Also... perhaps your VST synths are in some kind of demo mode that cripples the sound output after 45 secs or so.

Bob L

andysharifi
10-18-2008, 11:53 AM
The guy didn't tell me about a license transfer. That means I'm screwed then. This is twice it happened. First the nigerian scammers and now this guy.

I can't afford to buy the update right now. But when i do, im worried that it might do the same thing.

The Lynx ASIO drivers are what i'm using. That's all I use. I loaded sawbasic and mws on my laptop and it does the same thing as well.

My soft synths are full versions.

I'm gonna see if I can track the guy down on craiglist.

Thanks Bob.