PDA

View Full Version : Midi workshop Update???

Carey Langille
10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Bob, I was just wondering if you have an update coming any time soon, its been a yr or so since we talked about the Region editing like sawstudio has.Im just about to start another big midi project here and it would be a wonderful addition..Any Info Appreciated....:)

Bob L
10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes, actually I am planning on an MWS update very soon... I have some bug fixes to go in first... then I may try to get the Region editing in next...

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
10-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Bob, I was just wondering if you have an update coming any time soon, its been a yr or so since we talked about the Region editing like sawstudio has.Im just about to start another big midi project here and it would be a wonderful addition..Any Info Appreciated....:)

Carey, where ya been man? :)

Carey Langille
10-30-2008, 04:16 AM
Hey Dave!!!! BEEN? Lurking i guess. Just Busy with Life. The studio business has been tougher this last couple of years, and it keeps me busy... SAW has been working perfectly for me, so i have not had to ask much here. NOW with this new Midi project on the front, i sure would LOVE to do it all in MWS. As you know, i have been hoping for region editing for at least a few years now,to make the program that much more enjoyable to use ( for me and others i hope). So i hope we may see it soon... I also hope, Bob, that one of the fixs you talk about is that problem we came across with the Keyboard sending Multiple midi channels at the same time and locking MWS. The Last fix you sent me seemed to work as we discussed... I know your time has been on SAC, Its awesome, and i love it.... So i understand your back burner approach on MWS... Thanks for Revisiting it and making it EVEN a better Product.... Look forward to testing whatever you need tested! Carey

Dave Labrecque
10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Hey Dave!!!! BEEN? Lurking i guess. Just Busy with Life. The studio business has been tougher this last couple of years, and it keeps me busy... SAW has been working perfectly for me, so i have not had to ask much here. NOW with this new Midi project on the front, i sure would LOVE to do it all in MWS. As you know, i have been hoping for region editing for at least a few years now,to make the program that much more enjoyable to use ( for me and others i hope). So i hope we may see it soon... I also hope, Bob, that one of the fixs you talk about is that problem we came across with the Keyboard sending Multiple midi channels at the same time and locking MWS. The Last fix you sent me seemed to work as we discussed... I know your time has been on SAC, Its awesome, and i love it.... So i understand your back burner approach on MWS... Thanks for Revisiting it and making it EVEN a better Product.... Look forward to testing whatever you need tested! Carey

Well... great to hear from you. I hope MWS gets where you'd like it to, soon. I'd be up for trying out the new 'region' stuff, too, of course. :)

TotalSonic
10-30-2008, 08:45 AM
To slightly beat a dead horse here - the main reasons I haven't jumped into MWS is that the two ways I like to work with MIDI - either with a score view for when dealing with traditional linear composition, or with a pattern / loop view for when dealing with beat production for things like electronica or hip-hop - aren't currently supported.

I agree that region support would definitely go a good ways to getting at least the second request for better support for pattern based work flow happening in MWS. I'd still love to see an integrated pattern / loop editor and a score view in MWS sometime in the future (but am not holding my breath).

Best regards,
Steve Berson