PDA

View Full Version : OT_Chilling 200 year old Quote

Perry
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
This one is going around and though I rarely pass these things along this one (IMO) is so profound in regards to what is happening right now at this very moment I thought I'd post it for any interested. It's a quote from Thomas Jefferson.. over 200 years ago:

Over 200 years ago Thomas Jefferson said it ALL!

Quote of the Week

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

:mad: The sad part really is that (IMO) we as a people have had to agree to this in order for it to happen. The easiest way to lose one's freedom and rights is to simply give them up without a fight... just a 'whatever' attitude is all it takes.... and that happens everyday.. on a continuing basis (IMO). The only real cost of freedom is a willingness to fight back, to at least object strongly and make that known... say so. like Thomas Jefferson did.... otherwise there are those that WILL take it from us... and they do it willfully and with purpose.... every day.

OK.... not wanting to spread 'doom and gloom' here... just wanted to post it for consideration. I'm back to audio things... but this (again IMO) is not something that should be simply read and forgotten.

Thanks,
Perry

To add: The part here about depriving people of property, in particular goes along (IMO) with my previous posted objections about how we are now being denied the ability to 'OWN' property by things like 'licensing agreements.. EULA's'. When we are at some point no longer allowed to own anything (and that's not so far fetched) then Thomas Jefferson's statements will have come fully into existence. And that will be a sad day.

Also to add: I'm not posting this to start any debate.. and certainly not any arguments.. though I know of course that it could always be the case that this will happen. It's just to put these ideas up there for thought.. that's the only way that these thoughts will exist. Otherwise what 'exists' is what the 'banks and corporations' want us to think... and to accept.

At any rate.. hope that some will get something out of what Mr. Jefferson so accurately described so long ago.

Cary B. Cornett
10-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Quote of the Week

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802 What's interesting about this is that our currency is now controlled by a government mandated bank that is not under government control. The FED does whatever it chooses, and cannot be dictated to by any branch of government. Constitutionally , Congress was supposed to be responsible for this function, but they abrogated that responsibility by the creation of the Federal Reserve. Sometimes the FED helps, and sometimes it does real damage. We are just lucky that there hasn't been more serious damage done by them.

jazzboxmaker
10-31-2008, 05:13 PM
There are many quotes by the founding fathers warning of the consequences of things as they are today that will make your jaw drop and start you thinking about throwing the tea in the harbor.

Perry
11-01-2008, 01:57 AM
There are many quotes by the founding fathers warning of the consequences of things as they are today that will make your jaw drop and start you thinking about throwing the tea in the harbor.

Tea Party! :) It starts to make sense!

Yep... those guys had some great ideas and they thought them through.... Some pretty incredible insights. They new what of they were talking about... that's quite evident. Wow... double wow.

Perry
11-01-2008, 01:59 AM
What's interesting about this is that our currency is now controlled by a government mandated bank that is not under government control. The FED does whatever it chooses, and cannot be dictated to by any branch of government. Constitutionally , Congress was supposed to be responsible for this function, but they abrogated that responsibility by the creation of the Federal Reserve. Sometimes the FED helps, and sometimes it does real damage. We are just lucky that there hasn't been more serious damage done by them.

Truly mad stuff. Yikes! :(

mako
11-01-2008, 02:57 AM
G'day Perry - I'm pleased you brought this up.

As an Aussie, the American Constitution was hardly ever on anyone's radar over here and, probably to our detriment, our own constitution rarely sees the light of day.
However, since 9/11 I've done a hell of a lot of research into US govt. "goings on" and what strikes me most (apart from how evil the "people in high places" are) is how brilliant Jefferson and Co. were in forming the original American Constitution and how diluted it has become during the ensuing period.

The original Constitution was a masterpiece and saw the financiers as exactly what they were then, and are still now - ravenous predators who will stop at nothing to get their way - total domination.

Thanks

mako

Cary B. Cornett
11-01-2008, 08:53 AM
IIRC, it was Alexander Hamilton who pushed for and started the first "federal bank" as the first Secretary of the Treasury. Not long thereafter, when it did not have enough money to pay the bills, Congress voted to sell it's shares, and ultimately became the Fed as we know it today, an embarrassment to Hamilton. The legislation to create the FED was enacted in 1913, the same year that the federal Income Tax started.

AcousticGlue
11-01-2008, 09:18 AM
My lineage goes back to the $10 bill guy. The Hylle family in England. We are also English, Dutch, Irish and Cherokee. Maybe with a smattering of Jew thrown in.

Oh well, off to the winery.

Perry
11-01-2008, 06:59 PM
G'day Perry - I'm pleased you brought this up.

As an Aussie, the American Constitution was hardly ever on anyone's radar over here and, probably to our detriment, our own constitution rarely sees the light of day.
However, since 9/11 I've done a hell of a lot of research into US govt. "goings on" and what strikes me most (apart from how evil the "people in high places" are) is how brilliant Jefferson and Co. were in forming the original American Constitution and how diluted it has become during the ensuing period.

The original Constitution was a masterpiece and saw the financiers as exactly what they were then, and are still now - ravenous predators who will stop at nothing to get their way - total domination.

Thanks

mako

G'day to you too mate! :)

Yes... those guys did an amazing job for certain... and they had their eyes wide open. That's something that unfortunately it seems not nearly enough people are doing today.

Impressive that you've researched this so thoroughly. :)

For anyone interested.. here is a link to a site my good friend Dan Jacobs puts up. I like and admire his writing a great deal and in this particular link he had quoted Thomas Jefferson in fact.

http://thornappleriver.wordpress.com/2008/10/21/how-to-boil-a-frog-part-three/

This next link takes you to the 'THORNAPPLE RIVER REFLECTIONS - Daniel W. Jacobs' page that starts with as article titled "THE WAY I SEE IT - the financial mess du jour"

http://thornappleriver.wordpress.com/

Very interesting and thought provoking reading from a very interesting and thought provoking fellow. :) Highly recommended!

All the best!
Perry

PS: Dan is also a very highly regarded trumpet player with another web site devoted to music. Some of his work that I mixed was playing on SAWStudio Radio for quite some time... either under his name or as 'The Jacobs Brothers'. Dan also is a featured soloist on Danielle's 'ADVENTURIERE ACCIDENTELLE' song from the album by the same name. I LOVE his soloing on this song! (and actually I love his playing period!)

http://www.danjacobsmusic.com/music.html

Perry
11-01-2008, 07:03 PM
The legislation to create the FED was enacted in 1913, the same year that the federal Income Tax started.

Arrrgggh! Don't get me started! :(

Gee,, there's that unlucky number 13 again! Historically... it would seem that 1913 was a pivotal year.. in a bad way! :(

Cary B. Cornett
11-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Arrrgggh! Don't get me started! :(
Well, if you really want to get mad, I have started developing a website (http://www.realideology.com) that should help make your temper even worse! It has a long way to go yet, but I have hopes that I have started off in the right direction :):p;)

Bud Johnson
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Cary,
I would say your site is off to a great start.
Though I don't consider myself a member of any political party, I am and always have been drawn to Jeffersonian ideals. I love discussions/arguments about whether they are applicable today.

mako
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Perry - thanks for those Dan Jacobs links - great site, and his writing is excellent.

Thanks again

mako

mako
11-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Cary - your site's heading in a good direction and it's nice to have the "first person" touch.

Well done

mako

Perry
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Perry - thanks for those Dan Jacobs links - great site, and his writing is excellent.

Thanks again

mako

Glad you enjoy it... I'll pass that along to Dan when I talk to him next. :)
Again..I like his writing too.. and his playing!!! :)

Perry

Perry
11-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, if you really want to get mad, I have started developing a website (http://www.realideology.com) that should help make your temper even worse! It has a long way to go yet, but I have hopes that I have started off in the right direction :):p;)

VERY COOL! :) You and Dan could probably chat admirably.. for hours!

Seriously... I like what you've written.. and agree! :)

Perry

jazzboxmaker
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM

Good stuff Cary, I had read some of it a few months back & just read the bailout one. Common sense is so invigorating;)

Cary B. Cornett
11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Good stuff Cary, I had read some of it a few months back & just read the bailout one. Common sense is so invigorating;) Sadly, if common sense was really all that common there would be no need to talk about it. :rolleyes: From time to time, I am stunned when someone greets an idea that I thought everyone understood as obvious with praise for a "fresh new insight". BRRRRRR! Makes the blood run cold sometimes!

Cary B. Cornett
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
:)Just wanted to give a general "thank you" for some of the kind comments posted :)

Gary
11-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Thanks

mako

mako, sadly in this country, the facts of the creation of a truly representational government are bestowed on the writings of a few "enlightened" western European intellectuals, whereas the truth, as usual, lies in plain sight unrecognized. Benjamin Franklin even made mention of it during the crafting of the original US Constitution.

There was, and still is, a working representational government already in place by six tribes of indigenous peoples gathering in one "Long House". The Haudenosaunee, or "People Who Build A Long House". Including Mohawks, Cayugas, Oneidas, Onondagas, Seneca and Tuscarora, the representatives were picked by the women of the tribes (being a matriarchal society). During the meetings, the women would sit behind their chosen representatives to make sure they actually did present correct information as agreed upon within the tribe.

I think Franklin's quote went along the lines of "If a bunch of savages can have a representational form of government, why can't we?" This was uttered while the "Founding Father" was quietly spreading syphilis around Europe.

Gary E
http://cdbaby.com/cd/garye2

Cary B. Cornett
11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
mako, sadly in this country, the facts of the creation of a truly representational government are bestowed on the writings of a few "enlightened" western European intellectuals, whereas the truth, as usual, lies in plain sight unrecognized. Benjamin Franklin even made mention of it during the crafting of the original US Constitution.

There was, and still is, a working representational government already in place by six tribes of indigenous peoples gathering in one "Long House". ...
I think Franklin's quote went along the lines of "If a bunch of savages can have a representational form of government, why can't we?" This was uttered while the "Founding Father" was quietly spreading syphilis around Europe.

Gary E
http://cdbaby.com/cd/garye2 Before he wrote out the set of guiding principles upon which our Constitution was ultimately based, James Madison read all he could about government in all its forms (Thomas Jefferson, I think, supplied the reading list). While many of its principles were indeed not new, at the time of its writing our Constitution stood as a unique document.

As for Western Civilization having its faults, of course it did, and it is today still run by (gasp) fallible human beings. All civilizations have had their good and bad points, and their good and bad people. Simply saying "East Good, West Bad!" smacks of the kind of reasoning that George Orwell warned us about in his writings.

Flawed as it must be because it is run by humans and not by Gods, the US is still a great nation that does much good in the world. I do not see ANY nation that does better in all respects than our own. Some do better in some things, but on balance we still have the best, ... er, balance. I have no desire to live anywhere else.

Gary
11-10-2008, 08:26 AM
All civilizations have had their good and bad points, and their good and bad people. Simply saying "East Good, West Bad!" smacks of the kind of reasoning that George Orwell warned us about in his writings.

It's interesting you would even come to this conclusion from what I posted. And yes, I suppose Orwell did tag good/evil as relative to one's political and economic goals. I, on the other hand, was trying to present some historical info that rarely gets mentioned to someone who was looking into the US Constitution. Nothing more. The 200 year old quote is still quite chilling. But then . . . "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Gary E