PDA

View Full Version : SAW / SAC questions

soundtrack2life
11-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Today I noticed something. When I listened to the mix via SAW the mix was really fat. FWIW I did have the levelizer on the output. Then right after when the Bass player showed up to re-record the bass I fired up SAC and activated the SAW/SAC link. I placed the SAW output to one of the inputs of SAC. The mix really lost something. It almost sounded like the Levelizer was disabled (in SAW) or something when I activated the link. This was not splitting hairs it was very different. What could be happening here? Could it be the Levelizer? Has anyone else noticed anything like this with SAC & SAW?
TIA
Joe

Bob L
11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
The Levelizer should have still been active... the link compensates for the buffer size changes...

There should be no difference whatsoever between the two sounds... unless, the SAC chan had some eq or other processing on it... or the out device from SAC was feeding something else that the SAW playback was not... or vice versa... the signal processing is identical.

If your overall level was different, than there could be something noticable in your room and speaker setup that sounds different depending on volume level.

Bob L

soundtrack2life
11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Next time I am tracking I will dig deeper to see if there is something on my end and report back.
Thanks,
Joe