PDA

View Full Version : Control Track - Marker editing Question

MrAnderson
06-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Hi all

Is there a way to edit the audio on a track and have the markers move along with the region?

The other question and issue I have raised with Bob befoe is the ability to somehow output the markers into a text (CSV or tab) file for further development with finalized audio tracks.

Cheers
Steve

(PS how do I get SAWStudio user under my name instead of Member?)

Bob L
06-02-2004, 08:13 AM
The Control Track entries can be latched into the Slip Track command by using the Selected Track feature... for instance, to slide data down the timeline on multiple audio tracks and the Control Track, use the Slip Track function with the Control Track and the Audio tracks selected (click the track numbers to blacken them).

The slip track function performed on all tracks with the use of the Ctrl-Key will also include the Control Track.

If you performing complex region manipulation, the Control Track entries are not included at the moment, since they are not regions... but here is a tip for handling that easily.

Tip: Tab to the first region of the manipulation section and then add a Cue entry there. Then move your complex group of regions to their new final destination. Then go back and tab to the first position Cue entry you inserted on the Control Track, press the B key, then mark the end of all entries included in the move with the E key... then tab to the first region at its new location, then click back on the Control Track and press the Backspace key... the Control entries will now be perfectly synced at the new location.

Bob L

MrAnderson
06-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks for that Bob - that may well fix my issue - I will go a attempt it.

I know you have a list of to do (probably as long as your arm) but I would love to be able to export the Cue list. A lot of our recording is for CD-Rom development and the cue list comes out and trigges actions within the CD-Rom world.

Just wondering if there is a way to access it or not.

Thanks
Steve :D

AudioAstronomer
06-02-2004, 08:37 PM
You tried the cue-sheet generator from jms-audioware? I just used it to make a 3-song prelim mix for a client tonight. I may very well buy it soon. Worked rather well.

Bob L
06-02-2004, 08:51 PM
No internal Cue Sheet generator yet... its on the looooong ToDo list though. :)

Bob L

MrAnderson
06-02-2004, 09:08 PM
I already own Cue Sheet Gen but can you beleive that I never considered that!!!!!!!!!

Love the forum, love the answers

Cheers
Steve