PDA

View Full Version : SAC/SAW Studio install in the works

bassthumper
11-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Bob,

I used Saw Studio and SAC a few weeks ago in a conference and blew some guys away with its potential. The speaker of the event was so amazed with what I was using that he is wanting me to travel to his church in Lake Charles Louisiana and install a SAC/Saw Studio combination in his church. When I told him what it would cost for the complete setup he says "That's less than we planned in our console alone".

This guy is an accomplished musician and singer and was so amazed at how great it sounded. He was also impressed with the ability to multi-track in and out.

Warren
11-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Bob,

I used Saw Studio and SAC a few weeks ago in a conference and blew some guys away with its potential. The speaker of the event was so amazed with what I was using that he is wanting me to travel to his church in Lake Charles Louisiana and install a SAC/Saw Studio combination in his church. When I told him what it would cost for the complete setup he says "That's less than we planned in our console alone".

This guy is an accomplished musician and singer and was so amazed at how great it sounded. He was also impressed with the ability to multi-track in and out.

Yeh!

Sell it brother :D

Bob L
11-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Way to go... of course I love hearing these kinds of reports. :)

The fever is starting to spread... yeahhhh!!!

Once you cross the fence and do a few shows this way, it's really hard to ever imagine going back to a standard FOH and Monitor console arrangement... no matter how expensive the consoles.

Bob L

Bruce Callaway
11-06-2008, 05:39 PM
SAC/SAW is an absolute winner IMHO however seeing is believing for most people in my experience, well done....

ivanoff
11-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Champagne for everyone !!!!:)
Ivanoff

arandal2
11-08-2008, 01:42 PM
i AM NEW AND A LITTLE WET BEHIND THE EARS ABOUT A FEW THINGS IN THE sAWsTUDIO WORLD, AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR UNDERSTANDING. BUT WHAT IS SAC? :confused:

Naturally Digital
11-08-2008, 01:55 PM
i AM NEW AND A LITTLE WET BEHIND THE EARS ABOUT A FEW THINGS IN THE sAWsTUDIO WORLD, AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR UNDERSTANDING. BUT WHAT IS SAC? :confused:Best explained by checking out this site: http://www.softwareaudioconsole.com/

arandal2
11-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the speedy response, and yes this looks really awesome!!! Does this fix the problem with the VST/ini.file issue, or will I have to reinstall my plugins to the SAW directory? Which way worked for you? Thanks!!

Bob L
11-08-2008, 03:49 PM
There is no problem with the VST ini file links... once done correctly, they work fine.

You can leave your working VST plugs where they are for SAWStudio and point the SAC VST.ini files to that same install location... no need to re-install or move anything.

Bob L

arandal1
11-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for your response Bob L. The only problem is that I cannot seem to get SAW to recognize my ini files. I dowloaded the INI plugin, and it creates a configuration document for each of my VST plugins. I'm not sure what an ini. file looks like, but I just assumed it would have properties of an ini. file and not a configuration document. Maybe/obviously I am doing something wrong...right? Or would you suggest I do each VST plugin one by one with another ini. creator? Thank in advance for your help!!!:o

Bob L
11-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Why not read the helpfile section on VST plugins and the manual creation of ini files so that you can learn how it works... its really very straightfoward.

Try a few plugins that way and you will probably start to see them work for you.

Bob L

arandal1
11-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I will try again. To be continued......By the way this is a really amazing product you have hear. I bought Samplitude because of the features and the sound quality. Of course the more tracks you have in Samp the worse it seems to sound ( very cluttered ). I have to admitt that I do most of my midi work in FLstudio 8 and render them to wave file. When I opened these waves files in SAW and hit play...I was simply blown away!!!! It feels like I am working on an actual console....amazing. I have alot of plugins, and after hearing SAW track plugins, the need for VST's are very minimal as SAW channels FX sounds extremely good. I want to find out more about your payment plan if you still have one......Thanks in advance!!!!

Bob L
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
The GFA plan is still available for SAWStudio Lite and Full. Check the info on the website.

Bob L

arandal1
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks!!!! So what are the future plans for SAW? I would really love to see SAW get as much recognition as ProTools, Nuendo ( blah ), Sonar, etc....! In my opinion SAW should be recognized as a major contender for the big producers/engineers. Either way...what's next for your creation?

Bob L
11-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Currently... to keep on evolving the products and to continue expanding the recognition of SAC in the live audio market.

Bob L