PDA

View Full Version : OT-Possibly Dumb Question about Totalmix

Sean McCoy
11-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey all. Because of the periodic mentions of the power and complexity of TotalMix, I've always assumed it could do things I just hadn't figured out. I'd like to be able to re-route the monitor signal from a hardware input to a specific hardware output. I.e. I'd like the signal appearing at ADAT input 1 not to appear at ADAT output 1 but at a designated output, but for the life of me can't figure out a way to do it. Changing the outputs under the input strip does nothing. Is this doable, or am I overestimating the power of Totalmix? :confused:

Dave Labrecque
11-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey all. Because of the periodic mentions of the power and complexity of TotalMix, I've always assumed it could do things I just hadn't figured out. I'd like to be able to re-route the monitor signal from a hardware input to a specific hardware output. I.e. I'd like the signal appearing at ADAT input 1 not to appear at ADAT output 1 but at a designated output, but for the life of me can't figure out a way to do it. Changing the outputs under the input strip does nothing. Is this doable, or am I overestimating the power of Totalmix? :confused:

I don't know. But I would poke around the matrix view thingy to see if you can do a patchbay kind of deal. Sorry for all the techno-speak.

DavidandMary
11-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd like to be able to re-route the monitor signal from a hardware input to a specific hardware output. I.e. I'd like the signal appearing at ADAT input 1 not to appear at ADAT output 1 but at a designated output, but for the life of me can't figure out a way to do it.

Sean,

If you are trying to send the output of ADAT 1-2 to Output 1-2 then on the Input row where the ADAT 1-2 is found, choose AN 1+2 and raise the faders. That should work...

Sean McCoy
11-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't know. But I would poke around the matrix view thingy to see if you can do a patchbay kind of deal. Sorry for all the techno-speak.
Geek winner! I'd never even opened the matrix view before. Routing from there is as simple as can be.

Fortunately, I did put the "possibly dumb" disclaimer in in advance.

Thanks, Dave.

Dave Labrecque
11-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Geek winner! I'd never even opened the matrix view before. Routing from there is a simple as can be.

Fortunately, I did put the "possibly dumb" disclaimer in in advance.

Thanks, Dave.

Glad my ignorance was just slightly less than yours. :p