PDA

View Full Version : Can Some of the Live Mode Restrictions Be Removed?

MMP
11-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello,

I have just started using softsynths again within the Saw environment after mostly offloading these chores to secondary computers. I've noticed that a lot of functionality is lost when the engine is put into Live mode and I am wondering if two of these things can be changed.

1. Enable video to chase cursor while scrolling in Live mode
2. Allow track names to be entered while in Live mode

These changes would make my scoring chores much easier in this configuration.

Thanks for your consideration!

Regards,

MM

Bob L
11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I have looked into the video scrubbing in live mode, but there were some internal complications... I will look again.

You can enter track names on the MT and the MWS MT while in live mode already.

Bob L

MMP
11-12-2008, 05:26 AM
You can enter track names on the MT and the MWS MT while in live mode already.

Bob L

Yes, it does seem to work today. Yesterday. I was having problems with that...I'll see if I reproduce it.

Thanks for looking at the video track again.
In the meantime the "L" key is my friend.

Regards,

MM

MMP
11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
How about Save & Record Enable?

Regards,

MM

Bob L
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I am working on exteding some of the old locked down functions in SAWStudio's engine now that I have hacked thru the code to make these kinds of things active in SAC while the engine is running.

But, to be honest, I never understood what was the big deal to click stop and then save or arm a new track, then start the engine again. :)

Bob L

Cary B. Cornett
11-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Hello,

I have just started using softsynths again within the Saw environment after mostly offloading these chores to secondary computers. I've noticed that a lot of functionality is lost when the engine is put into Live mode and I am wondering if two of these things can be changed.

1. Enable video to chase cursor while scrolling in Live mode
2. Allow track names to be entered while in Live mode

The track name thing bit me pretty hard a while back during rehearsals for a show I was working on:o, so I also vote for option #2.

Bob L
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
As I said... track naming while the engine is live has been in there for many versions back now.

What version are you running?

Bob L

MMP
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I guess what I should do is create a live mode off-save-live mode on macro.

I am just having a hard time adjusting to the work flow in Live mode.
I'm hard to retrain at my age.http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Thanks for considering any changes.

Regards,

MM

Cary B. Cornett
11-21-2008, 08:52 PM
As I said... track naming while the engine is live has been in there for many versions back now.

What version are you running?

Bob L Well, the shows I was running WERE a few versions ago.... :)

MMP
11-22-2008, 05:40 AM
And track naming has been working for me ever since the day I asked for it to be fixed & probably before.

Regards,

MM