and scene changes are not forcing screen redraw in monitor 1

if you go to FOH view then back the changes are correct in the redraw

and 3)

new box [asus/e8400] parts coming

fresh XP Pro install

this machine will never be on the web and will only do SAC/SAW audio

from a programmers point of view
should i do service packs 2 and 3?

do these do anything that will enhance audio operation?

obviously core 2 duo's didn exist when it was originally written...

thnx
mikehorn

Bob L
11-20-2008, 09:08 AM
I have fixed the remote meter peak control.

I will check the remote scene changes... realize they should only update the monitor 1 if the scene change affects monitor 1.

I would stick with SP 1 if I could... SP 2 has been tamed and is ok also... but SP 3 is still flakey, in my opinion, causing all kinds of things to turn back on repeatedly... like Windows sounds that have been turned off... theme changes that mysterious reset and stuff like that...

I know of no good reason to switch to SP 3 as far as audio or machine performance is concerned... perhaps someone else does... most of these updates seem to only deal with security issues and seem to kludge Windows down worse than before.

Bob L

IraSeigel
11-20-2008, 09:30 AM

I know of no good reason to switch to SP 3 as far as audio or machine performance is concerned... perhaps someone else does... most of these updates seem to only deal with security issues and seem to kludge Windows down worse than before.

Bob L

Sure! Microsoft finally fixed firewire in SP3. It's all implemented properly now, and anticipating FW1600. It's an audio engineer's dream.

Oh, er, scratch that. Never mind......

:)

DominicPerry
11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
On the subject of Service Patches, I'd stick to what you know. I happen to have an OEM disk which is the SP2 version. So I use that. I know how to fix the firewire problem. I know how it behaves. There's no real difference between SP1, 2 and 3 except security patches and inclusion of .net frameworks and the like. I find that machines run fastest with an uncomplicated install - ie no additional patches or updates.

I guess it might be better to avoid the very earliest version of XP, which may have some functional problems which were fixed in SP1. I can't remember that far back.

Dominic

mycorn
11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I have fixed the remote meter peak control.

I will check the remote scene changes... realize they should only update the monitor 1 if the scene change affects monitor 1.

Bob L

yeah i didn have time to check anything else during the show
but the scene turned on input patches on a couple of monitor 1 channels
and i didnt see the change when recalling

when returning from foh view it drew the correct i/a symble on the mixer strip

function is fine but
it made me think for a second that it had not stored correctly...

mike horn
mikehorn
mycorn

Bob L
11-21-2008, 04:18 AM
I found the problem... the key was when you mentioned the input source change... fixed.

Thanks,

Bob L

mycorn
11-21-2008, 01:32 PM
wow...

...to bad we cant get any service around here

thnx bob
and for all the others comments as well!!

mh

dip
11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
SP 3 is still flakey, in my opinion, causing all kinds of things to turn back on repeatedly... like Windows sounds that have been turned off... theme changes that mysterious reset and stuff like that...

Bob L

although i agree with sp1 being the best windows os this is a bit strange... have you scanned the hard drive with an antivirus?

Bob L
11-30-2008, 09:30 AM
No virus... an immediate result of installing SP3... unless the SP3 itself contains or IS the virus. :)

Bob L