PDA

View Full Version : EQ/Dynamics Memory Function

txshonk
11-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Bob -

With the Alt Right click function to access the memory features. I was wondering if its possible to have memory parameters stored outside the mxs file for common settings that could be labeled by the user to be recalled in any mxs file.

e.g. Preset eq settings for the Kick that i could set with freqencies and BW settings to target common sweet and trouble frequencies. Same with the dynamics.

Maybe I am just being lazy - but when in a pinch to get set up quickly I could see it being helpful.

Bob L
11-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Yes... the memory cells do retain their memory independent of the current session.

You can also save entire channel strips as channel templates by saving the settings from the cells to files and recall any or an entire set of files into another session.

You may want to read how that all works in the 'Understanding The Virtual Console' section of the helpfile.

Bob L

txshonk
11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Bob -

I get the saved cells to work among files in a current SAC session just great, but if I close SAC and reopen I cant seem to be able to recall the settings stored before closing SAC. AM I missing something on how to use the stored cells day to day/session to session?

Dave

Bob L
11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
The cells will stay as long as SAC remains open... so you can use them to go from session to session... if you are talking about day to day after closing SAC and restarting it... then you have to use the Chan Template files.

Bob L

txshonk
11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
The saved channel template is close to what I was hoping to do.

Thanks

Bob L
11-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Not sure what you mean by close... sounds like it will do exactly what you want... and even more once you understand how it works with selected chans... you could use it to reset an entire drum kit... all in one pass... even if the chans in the new session are not lined up as an exact match from the old... its very powerful.

Bob L

txshonk
11-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Bob -

I completely agree the Channel Template is GREAT functionality. I am just thinking of those cases where the channel is mostly up and running but I just want to pull in an EQ preset etc. I guess I am thinking too much along the lines of the channels strip being individual plug in effects.

I may just be lazy cause in reality setting the EQ wouldnt too much longer then loading a preset that Id end up tweaking in the end.

Dave

Bob L
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
You can do that also... you can have complete chan templates for kick, snare, etc... and recall only the kick eq... just load the template file into one of the memory cells first, then recall just the eq onto the current kick.

Its all there... look a little deeper... there is a world of versatility at your fingertips.

Bob L

txshonk
11-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Bob - Thats exactly it - Thanks.