PDA

View Full Version : Drumagog Live Mode with SAC?

Jesse
11-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Hi Bob, can i use Drumagog Live Mode with SAC ?

Drumagog it's not responding every time i inserted in the Pre Patch Point, am i doing something wrong? ... i just want to trigger a Kick Drum in a live situation with SAC and i thought i could use drumagog to do it, but it seems dead or not responding :confused:

Any help? :(

Bob L
11-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Drumagog does not present itself as a VSTi synth, and SAW and SAC requires that to then hook in the midi functions.

But... you can use it on a track with live audio signals coming in and replace or augment a real kick or snare... etc... live mode keeps the latency down to 0 ms.

Live mode allows you to trigger a new kick or snare etc. sample from the original sound and replace or blend them together during a live performance... works good.

Patch it in the Pre Patch view with the SAC engine OFF. I did notice that I have to start the SAC engine once its all set in Live Mode.... then stop it... then start it again before it works. It must absorb some buffers the first time which causes SAC to bypass it... but from then on... it seems to send the data straight thru.

Bob L

Jesse
11-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks Bob, :) when i started SAC engine the second time then it works like you said, that was the only thing i didn't do it :D

Now it's working :cool: Thanks!

Bob L
11-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Yes... that is a little strange... perhaps we can find out from Rim what may be happening on first startup.

Bob L