PDA

View Full Version : SAC-SAW link

Carlos Mills
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Bob,

When using SAC-SAW link, where does SAW get the feeds from?

Bob L
12-06-2008, 06:49 PM
At this time it gets the feeds from a source tap just after the I/A section... so it detects the stereo/mono section.

The signal is dry and flat... so you are free to do whatever you want in SAC without disturbing the recording.

Later, this may become an option like the monitor mixer tap selections.

Bob L

Jesse
12-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Carlos, if i'm not mistaken Bob said once in another thread that SAW gets the audio at the source point of SAC like Direct Outputs without the live processing.

i don't know if that it's what your asking, but Bob will chime in here to answer this for sure :)

Jesse
12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Ooops :D, Bob you beat me, you're incredible Super fast support :) and super fast answers :cool:

Carlos Mills
12-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks Bob and Jesse for the quick answer and for understanding my question, despite of the lousy terms... :)

I just built a new DAW with RME HDSPe MADI interface and I will be doing tests later this year to hopefully start using SAC-SAW combo at the beginning of next year. I will be recording a live radio program, both multitrack and L/R for broadcasting.

This year we've recorded more than 40 of these radio programs with the most important names in Brazilian Music (including Milton Nascimento & Jobim Trio, Djavan, Gilberto Gil, Marcos Valle, Leila Pinheiro, Celso Fonseca, Teresa Cristina, Seu Jorge, Roberto Menescal, ...) some of them over 40 channels, using 2 RME DIGI 9652 and SS in Live Mode. Worked like a charm and we did not have one miss.

Congratulations Bob. :D:):D:D:D:D

p.s. smiles added by Gabriel, my son...

Bruce Callaway
12-07-2008, 03:28 PM
This year we've recorded more than 40 of these radio programs with the most important names in Brazilian Music (including Milton Nascimento & Jobim Trio, Djavan, Gilberto Gil, Marcos Valle, Leila Pinheiro, Celso Fonseca, Teresa Cristina, Seu Jorge, Roberto Menescal, ...) some of them over 40 channels, using 2 RME DIGI 9652 and SS in Live Mode. Worked like a charm and we did not have one miss. Great work Carlos....

Carlos Mills
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks Bruce.

Great work Carlos....

preachers
12-25-2008, 11:43 PM
yesterday, when i tested a brand new PC, there is a problem occur. i was useing 1x64 in SAC, and it was all right without any drop-outs, but as long as i pressed SAC-SAW link to get SS screen, i will got a lot of clicks(drop-outs). how comes????

Bob L
12-26-2008, 01:21 AM
It would appear that your system still has some background issues that can step on the SAC engine threads when other things are occurring... perhaps the screen redraws when switching between apps... I will guess that perhaps you have an nVidia video card...

Try setting the Realtime priority option in the SAC Options menu... that may help keep other things from stepping on the engine...

You may also need to move up to 2 or 3 at 64 samples... to give a little leeway for Windows to handle certain background tasks on your system.

If my guess is correct about the video card... you may have to lower its PCI bus priority with one of the PCI Latency tools you will find on the internet... nVidia is known for hogging the PCI bus timing... this can play havoc with your ability to keep a soundcard running at super low buffer settings.

Bob L

preachers
12-26-2008, 07:29 AM
yeah, you're right, i was using nVidia card.

i'll try with pci latency tool, thx a lot~~~:p

Bob L
12-26-2008, 09:57 AM
How did I know? :)

Did you try the SAC Realtime Priority option?

Bob L

preachers
12-26-2008, 11:17 AM
How did I know? :)

Did you try the SAC Realtime Priority option?

Bob L

because you're the expert as i know:D

yeah, i let the "realtime priority option" always on when i use SAC.

i was just find this article http://www.rainrecording.com/pro/software/adjusting-pci-latency/ and learn more about pci priority ajustment, i think this could be help, i'll try it next week~~

IraSeigel
12-26-2008, 12:27 PM

i was just find this article http://www.rainrecording.com/pro/software/adjusting-pci-latency/ and learn more about pci priority ajustment, i think this could be help, i'll try it next week~~

Interesting article. Thanks. I thought low numbers meant higher priority! This should help me.

Ira