PDA

View Full Version : Freeverb - SAC

Carlos Mills
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi All,

Is it possible to use Freeverb in SAC? I could not install it here... as far as I know Freeverb doesn't add latency? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: How to install JMS plug ins in SAC? Thanks!

Bob L
12-11-2008, 01:34 PM
The older install programs will not recognize the SAC_FX_Native.ini file... it did not exist until now.

But you can copy and paste these plugin dlls into the SAC Native_Plugins folder and then edit their names into the SAC_FX_Native.ini file with the notepad.... just make sure to finish the last name with a carriage return to complete the last line.

Bob L

Craig Allen
12-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi All,

Is it possible to use Freeverb in SAC? I could not install it here... as far as I know Freeverb doesn't add latency? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: How to install JMS plug ins in SAC? Thanks!

It doesn't add any latency, so you're fine there. I used to use it all the time in SAW live mode when mixing. It was pretty easy on the CPU.

Carlos Mills
12-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Bob,

just make sure to finish the last name with a carriage return to complete the last line.
Bob L

Sorry for my programing ignorance, but can you explain what you mean by this?:confused:

Craig Allen
12-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Hit the Enter key after the last line so the cursor is below it.

Bob L
12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
If you look into the SAC_FX_Native.ini file which is found in the C:\SAC\Native_PlugIns folder by double-clicking it into the Windows notepad, you will see the list of active native plugins.

Place your new plugin .dll files in the same folder and add each dll name on its own line in the .ini file... just like the ones that are already there. At the end of the name, press the Enter key to jump the cursor to the start of the next line. Make sure to finish each line, including the last with the Enter key.

Save the .ini file and restart SAC. You should now see your new plugins in the FX Choices list.

Bob L

mycorn
12-12-2008, 06:29 AM
i dont remember editing the .ini file

[heaven forbid my memory is that bad already]

i think i jus copied the 'dll to VST plugins and it showed up on the list

i know i use it every show...

mike

Carlos Mills
12-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Hi Bob,

It worked for other Plug Ins, but not for JMS Plug Ins... could you try it when you have a time? :rolleyes: Thanks.

p.s. I see that it creates a StudioFreeverb.ini file in Native_PlugIns folder...

If you look into the SAC_FX_Native.ini file which is found in the C:\SAC\Native_PlugIns folder by double-clicking it into the Windows notepad, you will see the list of active native plugins.

Place your new plugin .dll files in the same folder and add each dll name on its own line in the .ini file... just like the ones that are already there. At the end of the name, press the Enter key to jump the cursor to the start of the next line. Make sure to finish each line, including the last with the Enter key.

Save the .ini file and restart SAC. You should now see your new plugins in the FX Choices list.

Bob L

Carlos Mills
12-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Never mind Bob, it worked. Thanks!

Hi Bob,

It worked for other Plug Ins, but not for JMS Plug Ins... could you try it when you have a time? :rolleyes: Thanks.

p.s. I see that it creates a StudioFreeverb.ini file in Native_PlugIns folder...