PDA

View Full Version : Can I have 2 cue buses?

Rick Stansby
12-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Can I assign the cue from the FOH board to one output, while assigning the cue from the monitor boards to another?

That is probably my biggest gripe with the LS9 when one person is mixing FOH and another is using the console to mix monitors.

Bob L
12-13-2008, 02:05 AM
Yes... There is an FOH solo bus and Monitor Solo bus assignment... as well as the 24 Personal Monitor remote station special solo in place features.

You can read the details in the helpfile... its quite exciting actually.

Bob L

Rick Stansby
12-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes... There is an FOH solo bus and Monitor Solo bus assignment... as well as the 24 Personal Monitor remote station special solo in place features.

You can read the details in the helpfile... its quite exciting actually.

Bob L

I'll look at the helpfile, like I should have done before I asked :)

That is certainly huge, as it seems you are the only digital console manufacturer who even understands why this would be important. At AES I asked the Digidesign, soundcraft and Digico guys about this, and they looked at me like I was speaking another language. They figure I should just buy 2 mixers. I'm not even in the market for those high end boards, but I think it is obvious that keeping everything in one mixer makes more sense.

I would love to throw an IEM transmitter into the rack with the preamps and have PFL at FOH, without disabling the cue wedge on stage. I have used an aux send as a cue bus for FOH, but it is not very convenient.

Thanks for the help. I'm off to read the helpfile, and consider a thousand different options for a while.

Bob L
12-13-2008, 11:39 PM
You can use the FOH solo bus device assign to feed a wireless beltpack in-ears for FOH solo... or send the signal down a pair of audio cables,... or 8-12 pair snake... along with a cat-5 or cat-6 cable for the FOH remote.

Keep the host computer back stage and save the need for the large audio snake and speaker returns.

Bob L

Rick Stansby
12-14-2008, 09:41 AM
You can use the FOH solo bus device assign to feed a wireless beltpack in-ears for FOH solo...

That is exactly what I planned. Thanks for confirming that it works.

or send the signal down a pair of audio cables,... or 8-12 pair snake... along with a cat-5 or cat-6 cable for the FOH remote.

That is what I have been doing with the LS9. I already have an 8 channel snake and a rack with a CD player and a DJ mixer which I use to mix the CD with the iPod, I also use the headphone amp in the DJ mixer for the PFL signal. It works quite well.

Keep the host computer back stage and save the need for the large audio snake and speaker returns.

That is the beauty of SAC (and some other digital boards).

Thanks for all the help. It is so much better to brainstorm with you and the rest of the folks here, then to just make guesses on my own. I have been reading the manual, so I am getting a better understanding of how everything works.